04-28-08 04:12 PM
- Having now had to re-install about 90 applications TWICE, once due to installationg of a beta that was really an alpha (I was not happy), and once through my own fault in playing with deleting service books, I have noticed that the backup/restore of DM is rather limited.
It seems that all it will backup/restore is app data, but not the apps themselves. Is this correct? Is there a way to backup everything? I really hate having to reinstall and then move icons around when I think I should be able to backup the entire configuration, apps & data, and then wipe the device and easily restore it.
Am I missing something?
Patrick04-28-08 01:38 AM
- amazinglygracelessRetired ModI saw these instructions in another forum, can't remember which and copied them into a text file not long ago. Maybe it's what you're looking for. I left the OP's sig line so he would get credit for his contribution.
How To: Backup and Restore All Installed 3rd Party Apps
Need to wipe your device using javaloader or JL_Cmder but don't want to lose all your 3rd party apps? Backup/Restore in Desktop Manager won't do it. Here is a way to back them up and restore them. Note: It wouldn't be a bad idea to do this on a routine basis just incase your device gives you the unexpected hourglass screen of death requiring you to wipe the device.
* Download and install the latest version of Desktop Manager 4.2 from here https://www.blackberry.com/Downloads/browseSoftware.do
* Plug in the device and run Desktop Manager.
* Click on “Switch Device Wizard.”
* Click on “Switch Blackberry Devices.”
* Click “Next.”
* Select USB: Your Pin.
* Click “Next” and then enter your password if required.
* Uncheck “User Data and Settings” and “Include Messages” leaving only “Third Party Applications checked.
* Click “Next.”
* When it’s finished backing up the apps, DO NOT click “Next” or “Cancel.” Leave that screen as it is and continue these instructions.
* Search your computer files/folders for a folder labled with your pin number. Be sure and search in hidden and system files. Hint from BBF member NextelUser: Open Windows Explorer or My Computer and type in %temp% to find your temp folder with the folder labeled as your pin number.
* When you find it copy it to another location.
* Now go back and “Cancel” the Switch Device Wizard. If you cancel the wizard before copying the folder to another location the folder is automatically emptied.
* Now wipe your device as desired. Your backup is complete.
* When the OS has been loaded back to the device run Application Loader again and click on “Add”
* Browse to the folder you copied with your PIN. Double click on the file named yourpin.alx.
* This should add all your 3rd party apps to the apploader.
* Finish the installation to load them to your BB.
* Restore your personal data using the restore feature in Desktop Manager Backup/Restore
Note: If you are wiping the device because of a problem this procedure may not be wise to perform because the cause of the trouble could possibly be in one of the 3rd party apps.
TMo 8320 Curve 220.127.116.11 BES/BIS
TMo 8100 Pearl 18.104.22.168
Last edited by amazinglygraceless; 05-30-08 at 08:48 PM.04-28-08 07:27 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD