I know this is getting old, but I just came to the conclusion that the backup and restore function is less that optimal for a standard blackberry loss prevention solution. Is there a backup solution that will actually backup ALL items on a blackberry. I am having a heck of a time rebuilding my phone contents.
    05-02-09 01:13 PM
    You mean like passwords and everything?
    05-02-09 01:18 PM
    Well I have my Passwords in MiniSafe actually, so I have that covered, that apps DB appears in the database list and I was able to restore that. Weird actually. I was hoping for like themes, settings, third party apps. Much like when doing a Windows backup. Or even like Sprite backup for palm based devices. I am now just trying to find just 1 simple theme and for the likes of me I cannot locate the darn thing. Still searching the web.
    05-02-09 01:27 PM
    Well, this is a little late but I think I may have found what I may have been looking for. Device Switch Wizard. A workaround but one that would work if needed.

Here is the link I found that looks very promising. boygeniusreport, hope linking is fine.

Actually for what I was wanting, this process is useless too.
    Last edited by John.Hamilton.02; 05-02-09 at 02:44 PM.
    05-02-09 01:34 PM
    BlackBerry backup works well for data and settings, but as you have noted, it is incomplete.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/upda...updated-53201/

05-02-09 03:25 PM
    Can someone tell me why when I back up my BB it goes in my documents but it doesn't let me open it without using a web service or a program from a list of my installed programs? Is there a setting I need to change?
    05-02-09 07:29 PM
    I could be mistaken but I believe you have to have a specific program to open blackberry backups. ABConverter or something to that affect.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-02-09 07:53 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD
";