i have a question, how do you backup contacts on microsoft outlook? I did it through the blackberry desktop manager but i dont have the contacts saved on outlook?

This might be the dumbest topic here since it's probably really simple, but idk it's not working.
    02-26-09 01:16 PM
    If you edit the synchronization settings on DM, you can edit it for the phone to send your contacts to Outlook each time you connect to desktop manager.
    02-26-09 01:27 PM
    under synchronization i went to address book, then i set it to sent contacts to my phone, and it says that it's done. HOWEVER, when I open microsoft outlook and go to my address book, there is no contacts, no numbers, nothing there.
    02-27-09 03:17 PM
    You need to set it to send your address book to Outlook. From your last post above it sounds like your setting it to have Outlook sync contacts to your phone. Set it vice versa.
    02-27-09 03:39 PM
    No i meant the opposite sorry, i chose the one way sync option FROM device and then below it has

Device ---> Outlook
    02-28-09 12:37 PM
    Hmm strange. The way I have it setup is the same way you do. Device--->Outlook. So whenever I connect my BB to DM it syncs automatically. Do you have it setup to do automatically? And are you sure you actually have Outlook and not "Windows Contacts."?
    02-28-09 12:43 PM
    Mine is the same way P.O.E.
    02-28-09 12:51 PM
    Hmm strange. The way I have it setup is the same way you do. Device--->Outlook. So whenever I connect my BB to DM it syncs automatically. Do you have it setup to do automatically? And are you sure you actually have Outlook and not "Windows Contacts."?
    It's under outlook, I can take a video if you'd like and prove it to you lol...I'm thinking there's something wrong with outlook. It's really annoying me.
    02-28-09 06:37 PM
    Are you using DM 4.6 or 4.7?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-28-09 06:39 PM
    it's 4.7

03-01-09 01:58 AM
    In the synchronization settings, make sure that it is mapping the Address Book with Personal Folders\Contacts.

03-01-09 12:15 PM
    In the synchronization settings, make sure that it is mapping the Address Book with Personal Folders\Contacts.

that's where it is mapping the address book.

Am i checking in the wrong page on outlook or something. I'm opening it, checking contacts and there's nothing there!
    03-02-09 01:05 PM
    pleaseeee someone help me out im flipping here i dont get it how something so simple is turning out to be so complicated.

I dont even know where to open the files to everything that saved in my bb
    03-02-09 01:15 PM
    where it says synchronize organizer data, run add-in actions...should those two boxes be checked as well
    03-02-09 01:17 PM
    I got it, thanks for the help guys...you won't believe how ******** and little what i had to do was.
    03-07-09 07:00 PM
    I can't believe ppl who post stuff like above. Just tell everyone what you did to solve the problem.

03-07-09 07:40 PM
    I got it, thanks for the help guys...you won't believe how ******** and little what i had to do was.
    Well, what did you do to resolve the issue?

03-08-09 06:42 AM
    Well, that is what CB is here for. By no means, should you feel mentally handicapped. At any rate, I am glad you figured things out. I always hate the simple problems; they seem to take the longest to figure out at times.

03-08-09 06:46 AM
    where it says synchronize organizer data, run add-in actions...should those two boxes be checked as well

Sorry I didn't post what I did, just happy it worked. Anyway, ^^^this was what I had to do. Since nothing was working, i just checked the option"synchronize organizer data" and all of a sudden it started uploading the address book.

Everything was fine, except this.
    03-08-09 04:54 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD