This may sound silly, but sometimes when I touch my lock key to unlock phone to do something and the backlight on the keypad doesn't light. And I try to relock and unlock it again it doesn't work. Could there be something wrong with it.
    11-12-08 10:24 PM
    Not sure if it is an OS bug or just a fault but my backlight doesn't always function either and I have noticed colleagues with the same model with the same issue..
    11-13-08 01:45 AM
    Every once in a while the back light for the keys doesn't work. I just turn it off then turn it back on.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-13-08 01:51 AM
    What OS version are you on? I've had my BB ~6 months, and never once had a backlight problem with my 8330. I have OS v4.3. I did not do the upgrade.
    11-13-08 07:34 AM
    Just a hunch, but have you tried to cover the light sensor & see if the keypad lights up?
    Sometimes my keypad doesn't light up when I'm typing, so I just cover the sensor & the keypad lights up & stays on the whole time I'm typing.
    I'm not sure where the sensor is on your phone, but on the Pearl, you just cover the message LED.
    11-13-08 09:20 AM
    What OS version are you on? I've had my BB ~6 months, and never once had a backlight problem with my 8330. I have OS v4.3. I did not do the upgrade.
    It's not the OS version because im running 4.3 and I have this same problem from time to time.
    11-13-08 10:07 AM
    I have the 4.3v that came with it, however I notice it only does this in the dark when I am watching tv at night. I am sure that has something to do with it.
    11-13-08 10:27 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD