Hi,
    I have never ever upgraded my OS without the official Telus release of an OS... But after waiting for a long time, it seems that Telus will only release the update for 9700 OS6 after they get rich from selling 9780s... so, I have downloaded the latest leaked version of OS 6 for 9700 which is 6.0.0.448...

I read all (if not most) of the threads regrading backing up data, but when I go to download manager, I don't see an option to backup apps and settings for my email? I want OS6 so bad but I worry that I will lose email settings and my documents and apps that I paid.. (for example MemeoryBooster) If I lose an app during a fresh install of OS6, can I re download the app from App World without having to pay again? Also, how can I be sure that the Desktop Manager back up all my emails from school?

Also, is it hard to use BBSK or what ever the software, and which software you recommend (I am kind of new to blackberry so you can laugh at me for asking these
    02-12-11 06:39 PM
    There is an option in Desktop Manager 6 to do a complete backup of all device settings and applications. Also, BBSAK is pretty straight forward. Just make sure when you delete any prior OS versions from your computer prior to installing the leak. Also, if your installing an "Official" OS release from another carrier, be sure to delete the vendor.xml file before installing.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/how-...-bbsak-570663/

http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/how-...eta-os-122851/
    mssca likes this.
    02-12-11 06:52 PM
    There is an option in Desktop Manager 6 to do a complete backup of all device settings and applications. Also, BBSAK is pretty straight forward. Just make sure when you delete any prior OS versions from your computer prior to installing the leak. Also, if your installing an "Official" OS release from another carrier, be sure to delete the vendor.xml file before installing.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/how-...-bbsak-570663/

http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/how-...eta-os-122851/
    Thank you for the info.... I check on DM and it reads 6.2010 (bundle 21) for the DM version... where can I find that complete back up option?
    02-12-11 06:57 PM
    Thank you for the info.... I check on DM and it reads 6.2010 (bundle 21) for the DM version... where can I find that complete back up option?
    You can back up 3rd party apps with this method:

BlackBerry 101: Backing up 3rd party applications on your BlackBerry | CrackBerry.com
    mssca likes this.
    02-12-11 07:00 PM
    Got it! Thanks.... now I am off to a long night updating my OS..... Hopefully I won't brick my device.
    02-12-11 07:05 PM

Launch desktop manager, connect the device and once it's recognized by desktop manager, click on Back Up. You should have two options, one at the top that is a full and complete backup, the second option a little lower on the screen is for selective or custom back up.

Also, when you load the new OS, use the AppLoader, when it connects and begins the process it will also perform a complete backup of all applications including setting and permissions, email, sms, mms, messages, wifi settings.
    02-12-11 07:13 PM
    Hum... just a note... someone said that if I delete the vendor.xml file load from the loader.exe file, I would not have to back up anything... Is that true? (I will back up anyway, but I am worried I may not be able get the email files)
    02-12-11 07:14 PM
    Hum... just a note... someone said that if I delete the vendor.xml file load from the loader.exe file, I would not have to back up anything... Is that true? (I will back up anyway, but I am worried I may not be able get the email files)
    I wouldn't trust that, you still need to make regular backups (weekly/bi-weekly) in the case something does go wrong.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-12-11 08:53 PM
    Still do a manual backup. It is safe and hurts nothing.
    02-12-11 09:05 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD