Hi, I'm using a Blackberry Classic and would like to back it up on my Chromebook.

Hell, I'd like for the Chromebook to even register the Classic as a storage device, yet, alas, it does not.

I know of no app, no extension, and no method of being able to transfer any information between the two devices. I had hoped once BB started using Android that there would be a flourish of useful solutions generated by Google and BB though that seems like a pipedream now.

Any information on this subject would be useful. Thank you!
    10-06-16 11:00 PM
    No. There are no BlackBerry device drivers for Chromebooks as you've already found out.
    A ChromeBook is not a PC or a Mac, neither of which have had any updates to BlackBerry 10 software for more than a year.
    10-06-16 11:22 PM
    If you go to settings and USB settings select mass storage device and turn on. Should recognize as USB media in file browser no?

Posted via my old faithful Z10
    10-07-16 02:35 PM
    Also if you are able to run android apps on your chromebook try using "crossover" by codeweavers for android to run Windows applications. Then you can try installing BlackBerry desktop software to do a backup.. don't have a chromebook but I have gotten it to work on Ubuntu. Post back if it works so we can share with others that are interested

Posted via my old faithful Z10
    10-07-16 02:40 PM
    If you go to settings and USB settings select mass storage device and turn on. Should recognize as USB media in file browser no?
    BB10 devices don't mount the same way as USB drives do in Windows so I'd be surprised if it works on a Chromebook, but anything is worth a try.
    10-07-16 03:01 PM
    BB10 devices don't mount the same way as USB drives do in Windows so I'd be surprised if it works on a Chromebook, but anything is worth a try.
    I have even booted Ubuntu off the SD card when in USB storage mode...
    Plug in phone, set BIOS/UEFI boot from USB, have full "portable" desktop experience on a PC...

USB storage mode should work, iirc, even when plugging into a Linux system. :-)

�   "Chenterprise. We are the future. Resistance is futile. Prepare to BBe... "   �
    10-08-16 06:21 AM