When I back up my BB 9810 using desktop manager I noticed as the bar progresses it showed 1379 messages and as it progressed a little more it showed 2753 sms messages. I am confident I do NOT have 2753 messages on my blackberry. Unless of course when I delete the messages they arent really deleting???? I am not so sure what the 1379 messages is referring to.

Any ideas why I am seeing so many messages being backed up?

TIA
    11-17-11 09:51 AM
    Has anyone else noticed what I describe above? I backed up my BB today and during backup it showed backing up 3216 SMS Messages. Am I doing something wrong and none of my SMS Messages are deleting?

Thanks
    12-02-11 09:24 AM
    Could you perhaps accidentally have saved some messages? If you've saved any and delete them then they would still be there, just not in your Inbox.
    12-02-11 10:22 AM
    Could you perhaps accidentally have saved some messages? If you've saved any and delete them then they would still be there, just not in your Inbox.
    I guess its possible. How could i check for such a thing. Normally i highlight messages and then hit the delete key. I always assumed that deleted messages.
    12-02-11 03:44 PM
    I guess its possible. How could i check for such a thing. Normally i highlight messages and then hit the delete key. I always assumed that deleted messages.
    Well that would be the correct normal way to do it and the way I delete messages be it anything in my messages catch all folder or SMS messages. There are times I will highlight the date and "Delete Prior" to get rid of all at once.

Emails I always delete one at a time so I can choose handheld and server.

I have not found anywhere that tells anything about once you delete that they should still be there. I do save alot of messages in my saved folder but I expect them to backup. If I search and find anything I will post back what I find if anything. I would like to know myself.
    12-02-11 05:58 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD