Every time I try to back up my phone it won't allow me to. It keeps saying make sure your signed into your blackberry linked or it says make sure your device is on or connected. I have no idea what to do any suggestions?

Posted via CB10
    04-22-14 06:25 PM
    Are you using a mac or windows?

Posted via CB10
    04-22-14 06:27 PM
    windows
    04-22-14 06:28 PM
    Have you tried to reinstall blackberry link? I had a similar issue so I reinstall blackberry link.

Posted via CB10
    04-22-14 07:44 PM
    It might be the driver. I had to reinstall the driver before it was properly acknowledged by my computer.

emPowered by ?
    04-22-14 07:50 PM
    I tried to reinstall blackberry link that didn't work ever since I updated to the new BlackBerry Link it hasn't let me back up my phone

Posted via CB10
    04-22-14 09:42 PM
    Does BlackBerry Link actually see your phone? Which version of Link are you using?

I tried to reinstall blackberry link that didn't work ever since I updated to the new BlackBerry Link it hasn't let me back up my phone

Posted via CB10

Q10, SQN100-2, 10.2.1.2234
    04-22-14 09:45 PM
    Yeah it sees it and works but won't let me back up my phone and the latest one available from the blackberry website

Posted via CB10
    04-22-14 10:17 PM
    Have you tried removing the device data from Link and re-establishing the pairing? Maybe the data got corrupted somehow?

emPowered by ?
    04-22-14 10:22 PM
    How would you remove the device data?

Posted via CB10
    04-22-14 10:40 PM
    Try this setting in your phone:
    Settings>>Storage and Access
    Set "USB Connections" to Windows, if it is set to Autodetect. This has helped some people whose USB was not being read correctly.

04-22-14 11:00 PM

Posted via CB10
    Before getting into that. I'm curious as to what kind of error you're getting when you try to backup? Does it not do anything at all? Does it try and then stop?

Removing device from Link:
    With your phone disconnected and unplugged from your computer, open up Link. You should see your device listed in the left column - it will be grey and say "disconnected". Click on the tab and you should be given the option to "remove device". After that, you should be able to plug your BlackBerry back in and start anew. You might have to be signed out of BlackBerry Link in order to remove the device.

emPowered by ?
    04-22-14 11:03 PM
    I think he meant to delete your phone from the BlackBerry Link's list of devices, and then re-add it. Can't hurt to try that.

04-22-14 11:03 PM
    Hmmm...is your device set as a mass storage device? I have seen people have issues with it being on. Another hangup could be the size of the backup.

emPowered by ?
    04-22-14 11:19 PM
    I find the back up process very impractical. I wish RIM and BlackBerry would do something to make it easy and fast. This is essential at. Time when these devices are stolen so easily.

Posted via CB10
    04-23-14 04:39 AM
    it keeps telling me "Verify that your device is turned on and connected to blackberry link, and try again" every time i try it says this. I even tried it on a whole new computer and downloaded blackberry link and it would not work on that computer either.
    04-23-14 01:04 PM
    Listed in your phone's Settings is a BlackBerry Link item. Open that and make sure you have the toggle for BlackBerry Link turned on.
    it keeps telling me "Verify that your device is turned on and connected to blackberry link, and try again" every time i try it says this. I even tried it on a whole new computer and downloaded blackberry link and it would not work on that computer either.

04-24-14 03:13 AM
    It is turned on

Posted via CB10
    04-24-14 02:20 PM
    I really have no idea what to do.

Posted via CB10
    04-25-14 10:36 AM
    This is strange indeed. I'm now wondering if there is something wrong with the phone, especially since this happened on two different computers.

Mass storage device is disabled? Have you tried a different USB cable?

You can maybe try this option to see if this what is happening to you:

http://www.bbin.in/2013/02/to-blackb...cognizing-z10/

emPowered by ?
    04-25-14 11:17 AM
    Also, try using a USB2 port instead of USB3, to connect your device. Some people have reported success simply by changing ports.

(I know these seem like trivial details but I suspect your problem lies in some buried setting or detail not checked yet.)

I really have no idea what to do.

Posted via CB10

04-25-14 12:02 PM
    Mass storage is disabled and I tried another wire. I tried that wire on both computers and it still wouldn't let me back up. It recognizes the phone it just won't let me back it up.

Posted via CB10
    04-25-14 02:02 PM
    I meant literally plug your phone into a different port on the same computer, not another wire.

Something else to try: temporarily disable your resident AV program while using Link or Sachesi, in case your AV is blocking file transfers to & from your computer. Also check that your router's firewall allows Link and your phone to exchange files.

Mass storage is disabled and I tried another wire. I tried that wire on both computers and it still wouldn't let me back up. It recognizes the phone it just won't let me back it up.

Posted via CB10

04-25-14 02:42 PM
    I had a little drama with a funky USB cord. Try using a different cord, if that is any help.

With Mass Storage, there is also an option "Windows " / "Mac" / "Auto detect". Try at least your OS and "Auto detect".

You might also check in Windows Control Panel's "Disk Management", whether the device is listed as a disk / with a partition. Might not be helpful in your case.

For me, it did not matter whether Mass Storage was enabled or not, Link wouldn't work. But with Mass Storage enabled, manually adding a drive letter for the USB "disk" drive / storage partition made the phone's flash show up, and subsequently also Link worked again. That's at least what I remember. Your experience may totally vary.

Windows errors and any software running on MS Windows can be tricky, buggy, glitchy for no apparent reason, and fixes that helped one person might not work for someone else at all.

Nature of the game.

Zzzzwiped from a Zedevice....
    04-26-14 07:23 AM
    I had a little drama with a funky USB cord. Try using a different cord, if that is any help.

With Mass Storage, there is also an option "Windows " / "Mac" / "Auto detect". Try at least your OS and "Auto detect".

You might also check in Windows Control Panel's "Disk Management", whether the device is listed as a disk / with a partition. Might not be helpful in your case.

For me, it did not matter whether Mass Storage was enabled or not, Link wouldn't work. But with Mass Storage enabled, manually adding a drive letter for the USB "disk" drive / storage partition made the phone's flash show up, and subsequently also Link worked again. That's at least what I remember. Your experience may totally vary.

Windows errors and any software running on MS Windows can be tricky, buggy, glitchy for no apparent reason, and fixes that helped one person might not work for someone else at all.

Nature of the game.

04-26-14 07:25 AM
34 12