I'm trying to buy a custom case for my z10 but all the ones I want are back protective only. So is that enough or do I need like an Otter box kind of thing?

Posted via CB10
    12-16-13 06:06 PM
    I'm trying to buy a custom case for my z10 but all the ones I want are back protective only. So is that enough or do I need like an Otter box kind of thing?
    Every once in a while we come across a post related to protection and cases. First, I'm glad to hear that you are sensible enough to realize the need for a case. Second, and to answer your question, you shouldn't need more than back case. But as with any insurance, you have to measure your activity (or coordination/manner of handling phones), the cost of replacement (vs. the case), and your risk taking mentality. If you drop the phone face first in such a manner that it angles onto a corner of something solid, it will break the screen and your Z/Q will be immediately non-functional (unlike the Iphones with cracked faces that usually will continue to function).
    12-16-13 08:21 PM
    Ok thanks that was helpful most of the custom cases were back only which led me to believe that was all I needed the for the help

Posted via CB10
    12-16-13 08:51 PM
    Ok thanks that was helpful most of the custom cases were back only which led me to believe that was all I needed the for the help
    CB has some good cases; I use the Incipio and have dropped mine 2-3 times on hardwood floor and cement but never from more than 3-4 feet. Again, just be aware that if you drop it face first where it catches a corner, the screen will break and the phone will be instantly unusable. Good luck.
    12-17-13 05:46 AM