Let me start by saying 3 things. First, I love both my Q10 and my Z10. Second, I'm required to keep a passcode lock on my phone at all times. Lastly, my preference would be my Z10 which is where the problem comes in.

While I own both phones, I only have one activated at a time. I'd prefer that to be my Z10, but while it has an amazing keyboard it's not practical for passcodes. Thus I find myself switching back to my Q10 almost everyother week simply because it's much faster to unlock with the physical keyboard.

Unfortunately, I can't install leaks and Verizon has not done an update for the Z10 that has the "simple passcode" feature.

Anybody out there with a Z10 they password lock with any suggestions? And yes, Z30 is on the radar, just giving it 1-2 weeks to see if it hits stores as I prefer to not order online.

Posted with my Q10 on Verizon from Philly
    11-17-13 01:51 AM
    Have you tried using the simple password option? It brings up the number pad and makes inputting the password a lot easier and faster.
    11-17-13 01:58 AM
    Have you tried using the simple password option? It brings up the number pad and makes inputting the password a lot easier and faster.
    Yeah, so I'm out of luck. I'm familiar with simple password function but Verizon never released a Z10 update with simple password as far as I know. I'm up up to date on official releases and the option isn't there. It's a Verizon thing...go figure.

11-17-13 02:05 AM
    They have released an update with the simple password. Get latest vz z10 software, you'll have simple password.

Posted via CB10
    11-17-13 02:21 AM
    They have released an update with the simple password. Get latest vz z10 software, you'll have simple password.

Posted via CB10
    Thanks...what's the version? I've checked for updates on the phone and BlackBerry Link and both say I'm up to date.

11-17-13 02:31 AM
    Use sachesi

From Zuri my Z10.
    11-17-13 02:43 AM
    Yeah, so I'm out of luck. I'm familiar with simple password function but Verizon never released a Z10 update with simple password as far as I know. I'm up up to date on official releases and the option isn't there. It's a Verizon thing...go figure.

You should install the latest leak.

Proud owner of Z30, Z10 and Q10 -- os 10.2.1.1055
    11-17-13 08:16 AM
    Thanks for trying to help. BUT, for the last time I CANNOT install leaks nor mess SIM cards. Yes, it's a company issue. Spoke with Verizon and they said I have the latest official OS version. I can't find simple password even though I know it should be located in the spot in the settings for passwords. Oh well. It is what it is. PLEASE don't write another post about using a leak. Wish I could, my company...agency isn't having it.

11-17-13 10:47 AM
    Thanks...what's the version? I've checked for updates on the phone and BlackBerry Link and both say I'm up to date.

10.1.0.1481 is the latest official Verizon software. Fairly sure that's the MR with the simple password
    11-17-13 01:59 PM
    Thanks for trying to help. BUT, for the last time I CANNOT install leaks nor mess SIM cards. Yes, it's a company issue. Spoke with Verizon and they said I have the latest official OS version. I can't find simple password even though I know it should be located in the spot in the settings for passwords. Oh well. It is what it is. PLEASE don't write another post about using a leak. Wish I could, my company...agency isn't having it.

Well.. if it's about leaks vs official.. use sachesi with country code 235 and carrier 15 for the latest official os stl100-2/3/4 and debrick. Download the debrick files (two .bar files) and sideload them using sachesi on the install tab. Its not a Verizon, but it is approved BlackBerry software. Basically identical to how link would update your phone except you can choose which carrier to grab the os from.

Verizon is notorious for being way way behind with BlackBerry updates..

Use sachesi to perform a full backup first.. just in case you do have to roll back to Verizon official. If you have to roll back to verizon. Turn the phone off then connect to BlackBerry link cuz USB. A Window will pops up with an error it will give an update or reload os button, tap it to reload Verizon official. Then use sachesi to restore the backup
    OTCHRussell likes this.
    11-17-13 02:07 PM
    You say you can't install leaks, I assume because of company policy. So if you get an update from another carrier, that is not a leak, it's an official release. If so, get your phone unlocked, buy a Rogers SIM from Amazon or Ebay, insert the SIM and check for updates. You should see a more current OS available.
    lol, I know you are trying to help j, you made me think of the joke where...

A guy is trying on a suit and he says to the tailor, the pants are too short. Just, bend you knees slightly. It's too tight at the shoulders, drop one shoulder, that's better. The pants are too tight, just suck your belly in a bit. Later he's walking along and someone says, look at that poor disabled person. His friend says, I'll tell you what though, that suit fits him like a glove.
    11-17-13 02:29 PM
    Well.. if it's about leaks vs official.. use sachesi with country code 235 and carrier 15 for the latest official os stl100-2/3/4 and debrick. Download the debrick files (two .bar files) and sideload them using sachesi on the install tab. Its not a Verizon, but it is approved BlackBerry software. Basically identical to how link would update your phone except you can choose which carrier to grab the os from.

Verizon is notorious for being way way behind with BlackBerry updates..

Use sachesi to perform a full backup first.. just in case you do have to roll back to Verizon official. If you have to roll back to verizon. Turn the phone off then connect to BlackBerry link cuz USB. A Window will pops up with an error it will give an update or reload os button, tap it to reload Verizon official. Then use sachesi to restore the backup
    Again, thanks for trying to help...this not an option. Why is it so difficult to comprehend? No Sachesi, leaks, mods to phone without agency administrative approval. The purpose of this thread was to better understand why the official VZW current release should have simple password based on info received and my Z10 is updated but doesn't have simple password. I'll simply need to wait until an official VZW release is pushed with the option for me.

***SOMEBODY PLEASE SHUT DOWN THIS THREAD. IT IS OF NO USE ANY LONGER. THANKS***

11-17-13 03:51 PM
    I have edited this post after finding the error of my ways.

Apologies,

Steven.
    Last edited by stevobbm; 11-18-13 at 07:10 AM.
    11-17-13 05:29 PM
    For the last time, download a leak, is that so difficult to comprehend?

Thanks to all the guys who tried to help on this thread and got rudeness in return.

Posted via CB10
    I guess you missed the part where he said he can't download leaks due to a company issued phone. But it's ok

Posted via CB10
    11-17-13 05:50 PM
    Sounds like a wipe and reload of official carrier OS is in order. Maybe your last update didn't go as planned?

Posted via CB10
    11-17-13 06:19 PM
    For the last time, download a leak, is that so difficult to comprehend?

Thanks to all the guys who tried to help on this thread and got rudeness in return.

Posted via CB10
    I said, "Thanks for trying to help in all of my posts. I was anything but rude and always recognized that people in the thread were trying to help me. However, I also made it very clear in every post that I don't have control over my phone. It's administrator driven through the agency I work for. I can't make any changes or updates. I can only go as far as the carrier pushes and then our admin allows. This was an inquiry. I wanted to know what the current VZW version was and if it has simple password. I didn't receive a single response that didn't just essentially refer me to loading a leak or using Sachesi. So Steveobbm, thanks for coming into the thread, also ignoring the issue at hand and then calling me rude. That certainly helped and it's greatly appreciated.

11-17-13 06:34 PM
    Is it possible your work disabled the simple password option?

Posted via CB10
    11-17-13 07:13 PM
    Is it possible your work disabled the simple password option?

Posted via CB10
    Yeah, I guess that's a possibility. Didn't think of that. Before simple passcode was available on any Z10's our passwords had to be:

8-15 characters
    At least 1 uppercase
    At least 1 symbol
    No actual real words could be spelled out

So an okay password would be like N4qwe$lh
    Have to be so random. Now depending on where you live some have AT&T and others have Verizon so I can check with co-workers who have AT&T. This could confirm if is Verizon issue, company issue, or I'm doing something wrong. Thanks for the help.

11-17-13 07:52 PM
    I guess text has no tone, i have misunderstood the "comprehend" bit, for that i am sorry that i called you rude.

Maybe you administrator can help with this problem.

Hope you sort this out.

Regards.

Steven.

Posted via CB10
    11-18-13 07:07 AM
    Yeah, I guess that's a possibility. Didn't think of that. Before simple passcode was available on any Z10's our passwords had to be:

8-15 characters
    At least 1 uppercase
    At least 1 symbol
    No actual real words could be spelled out

So an okay password would be like N4qwe$lh
    Have to be so random. Now depending on where you live some have AT&T and others have Verizon so I can check with co-workers who have AT&T. This could confirm if is Verizon issue, company issue, or I'm doing something wrong. Thanks for the help.

That would explain it. Simple password is only numbers. Similarly, I can't use picture password on 10.2.1.1055 because my company policy requires a "regular" password. The feature is there, just disabled on my phone.

Posted via CB10
    11-18-13 11:03 AM