Just wondering if anybody ever got fed up with the new devices and their endless list of features and apps that you keep installing then deleting and again etc and just bought a cheap old blackberry and started using it just for calls and emails/SMS/bbm?

That's how I kinda feel at the moment and I wonder if I'm the only one.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-13-10 11:01 AM
    Lots of features=bad?

03-13-10 11:18 AM
    Delete what ever doesn't work properly or bothers you. That's what I did and everything is great now.
    03-13-10 11:21 AM
    Thats the great thing about blackberry. You can load up with apps, or dig into the OS and strip everything down to the bare bones. Themes for every day of the week, or just one stock theme. Wallpapers? You bet! Or, take a picture of a black piece of cloth in a dark room, and use that. Skins, cases, holsters, Colorware, etc etc etc...

Its YOURS to do with as you see fit. For myself, I like to "tinker" so deleting/installing stuff is just part of the fun. Knowing I'll never get it perfect is one thing, but trying anyways is where I enjoy it!
    03-13-10 11:29 AM
    I get frustrated but not that frustrated to go back to a old Blackberry...
    03-13-10 11:30 AM
    Delete what ever doesn't work properly or bothers you. That's what I did and everything is great now.
    For every one that I delete there's 100 other waiting to be downloaded.
    Don't know man, it seems to be taking a lot of my time tinkering with it. There's always something grabbing my attention, free apps, free games etc. 99% of them get deleted shortly after.
    Ignorance was bliss

03-13-10 11:40 AM
    Yeah, agree...I keep downloading new Apps but never really use them. The only features I use on a daily basis are email, calendar and bbm...also media player when i go running.
    03-13-10 12:00 PM
    Yeah, agree...I keep downloading new Apps but never really use them. The only features I use on a daily basis are email, calendar and bbm...also media player when i go running.
    Exactly dude, everything an older blackberry does just as well. Sometimes I wonder how only a few years ago the old blackberrys were enough for busy business people and now they are never good enough for us. Well, I use it for business too but not bes.

03-13-10 12:19 PM
    You make your own choices in life, nobody is holding a gun to your head to tell you to get this app or that app...

I have a Bold 9700 and maybe 6 apps. I have no need to clog my memory full of them.

I do love this phone and the extra's it has.

I did have a Pearl 8100 for two years and barely used it for anything.

I am getting my monies worth on this phone, lol!
    03-13-10 12:51 PM
    You make your own choices in life, nobody is holding a gun to your head to tell you to get this app or that app...

I have a Bold 9700 and maybe 6 apps. I have no need to clog my memory full of them.

I do love this phone and the extra's it has.

I did have a Pearl 8100 for two years and barely used it for anything.

I am getting my monies worth on this phone, lol!
    In that case, respect! I certainly keep giving in to temptation

03-13-10 01:20 PM
    Honestly just delete what you don't wanna use. I love my Tour and the feel of it is very nice.
    03-13-10 02:28 PM
    Deleting unwanted apps is the way to getting your phone to perfection.
    03-13-10 02:54 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD