RIM's woes, I mean. Especially if it means they must lower the prices on their handsets to entice unhappy customers to return to Blackberry after this world-wide fiasco.

I've been wanting to return to Blackberry but can't justify $599 for a freakin' phone. Come on, RIM, you wanna sell some phones, drop the price to at least $199. :-D

Hopefully this outrage lasts two or three more days and BB users leap off like rats from a sinking ship, leaving RIM no choice but a firesale. If the Bold drops down to fifty bucks, I'm buying two! One for the future, dontcha know!

Muahahahahaha.

(Sorry guys.)
    10-12-11 03:45 PM
    Ridiculous. I just heard some asinine "journalist" ask repeatedly on the conference call if RIM will "make good" for this somehow. The guy answering the questions had to tell him a couple of times that the priority was to get the network up and running again.
    10-12-11 04:11 PM
    I think they RIM execs should have to apologize the way Sony's did after their data breach earlier in the year. Stand up, apologize profusely, bow deeply...and then comp everyone whose data plan was rendered useless for three days a free month of service.

Of course, that'll never happen.

Still, I'm running an Android device, and carrying around my old Curve as a writing/note-taking device, so this snafu doesn't affect me. If it had, I'd probably be howling like everyone else. Heh Heh.

I'm just not so subtly advocating a firesale on OS7 devices...so I can get one.
    10-12-11 04:21 PM
    RIM's woes, I mean. Especially if it means they must lower the prices on their handsets to entice unhappy customers to return to Blackberry after this world-wide fiasco.

I've been wanting to return to Blackberry but can't justify $599 for a freakin' phone. Come on, RIM, you wanna sell some phones, drop the price to at least $199. :-D

Hopefully this outrage lasts two or three more days and BB users leap off like rats from a sinking ship, leaving RIM no choice but a firesale. If the Bold drops down to fifty bucks, I'm buying two! One for the future, dontcha know!

Muahahahahaha.

(Sorry guys.)
    If that happens good luck with your phone that won't ever work because RIM has gone under.

Muahahahahha.
    10-12-11 04:22 PM
    Since the new iphones are cheap?? BlackBerry's are affordable if you get the contract rate. Otherwise they're not any more expensive then other smartphones, they're just better.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-12-11 04:38 PM
    Since the new iphones are cheap?? BlackBerry's are affordable if you get the contract rate. Otherwise they're not any more expensive then other smartphones, they're just better.
    If so, then it's the only product in history to be "better" than its equally-priced competition yet get blown away in sales.
    10-12-11 04:41 PM
    If so, then it's the only product in history to be "better" than its equally-priced competition yet get blown away in sales.
    New devicea are just being released by RIM, give it some time guy.

10-12-11 04:44 PM
    Better is nothing but subjective, period. ....

10-12-11 05:29 PM
    RIM is not the only company having problems today.................apparently the ios5 system is overloaded and people cannot upgrade their i-devices at all. And, Symantec (Norton) is blocking Facebook today, telling users the site is "fraudulent" and kicking them off. So negative press all the way around today for RIM, Apple, and Symantec.
    10-12-11 05:31 PM
    RIM is not the only company having problems today.................apparently the ios5 system is overloaded and people cannot upgrade their i-devices at all. And, Symantec (Norton) is blocking Facebook today, telling users the site is "fraudulent" and kicking them off. So negative press all the way around today for RIM, Apple, and Symantec.
    You forgot Norton, for false positives.

OniBerry likes this.
    10-12-11 07:57 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD