For various reasons, I am upset with the insurance fulfillment provider, Assurrion (sp?) for my carrier although I still like my general service provider, Sprint. Therefore, I am looking to buy a Sprint compatible Blackberry online (warranty preferred) to upgrade from my Curve 8330. I would like suggestions on places I can try to buy a blackberry online that won't try to sell me refurbished as new nor a locked phone as unlocked, which seems like the issue in many of the reviews I've read.

I am a budget conscious student who is willing to trade some features for price; as phone, text, calendar, map and facebook are really the only must apps. If you could suggest mid-range upgrades, that would be appreciated as well.

Thanks!
    03-05-13 01:21 PM
    I am looking to buy a Sprint compatible Blackberry
    won't try to sell me a locked phone as unlocked,
    Those two things really don't go together. There's a long technical explanation, but basically it boils down to most carriers have their network information on a tiny removable chip, while Sprint and (for the most part) Verizon have the network information permanently imbedded into the phone itself. It's technically possible to unlock a Sprint phone, but you have to go through a complex procedure every time you switch carriers

maybe Amazon? unless you're familiar with modifying PRL codes or however it works, You can really only get a cheaper version of existing Sprint phones (ie: NOT a Z10). Are you looking for a bold, torch, or curve model/
    Last edited by grahamf; 03-05-13 at 01:53 PM.
    chris_style likes this.
    03-05-13 01:34 PM
    The gentleman at the Sprint store said to consider a Bold, but to be honest, I am not sure.

My issue is that it seems that many Amazon seller's aren't getting good reviews, most complain that the phone does not arrive as described (ex: new, unlocked etc) in addition to being in need of suggestions for my next phone purchase. Just seemed like if I was going to pay $8 a month followed by at least a $100 deductible that I might as well buy my phone outright. Would be cheaper in the end, especially if they had some kind of repair/replace extended warranty I could add on from the vendor.
    03-05-13 03:48 PM
    not sure what you are looking for here, but you can try First for Smartphones, Tablets, Laptops and Accessories - Expansys USA

I've never bought from so...... yah
    03-05-13 04:02 PM