Oh common what's subjective about true multitasking? One pauses while the other doesn't.

Also Idk . How you can somehow suck on typing on your z10 yet great on iPhone? It's the same layout. The software differences is the real thing at work here and the software that runs bb10 and Swiftkey is far superior. It's not really subjective mate.
    To answer your subjective question. What is defined as TRUE multitasking to you does not mean it is the same thing for me. For example on my recently sold NOTE 3 I had the ability to multi window and drag links/pictures from the internet or whatever into my text conversation. Is this true multitasking? Also on my iPad (He did ask if iOS had true multitasking) I can just use 4 fingers and slide between apps or slide up to use another app as reference and quickly go back to what I was typing. Is this TRUE multitasking? Everyone has different opinions as to what makes it true multitasking hence the subjectiveness. I can also swipe up from the bottom and enable whatever paused in the browser to start playing while using another app.

Also I did not say I was great on typing on an iPhone I just said I prefer it to typing on my z10. People told me the bb10's keyboard will start to learn what you meant to say but I really didn't have it happen and I made a crazy amount of typos on my z10. On my iPhone sure I made typos and was not great but it was less typos than on the z10. I would argue that I am probably not the only one that isn't that good typing on a z10. Or am I alone here? lol (serious question to all).
    04-25-14 11:48 PM
    Multitask is not subjective. As long as the Os have ability to minimise task but keep it running as usual while working on foreground task. That is multitask. They way users handle it is up to individual . Example window fast resume is not multitask. It pause the app but just able to resume the app quickly only. The background app is not running

Symbian is still and always my favourite Os. Nokia 808
    04-25-14 11:55 PM
    Multitask is not subjective. As long as the Os have ability to minimise task while working on foreground task.. That is multitask. They way users handle it is up to individual .

I agree. Again I never said multitasking is subjective. I said true multitasking is subjective. The person who I was quoting obviously believes multitasking is not true on iOS. And true multitasking is different to everyone.
    04-26-14 12:00 AM
    On a side note I think the OP'er stopped posting in here about page 1. With a footnote later.

Posted via CB from my LE
    04-26-14 01:08 AM
    To answer your subjective question. What is defined as TRUE multitasking to you does not mean it is the same thing for me. For example on my recently sold NOTE 3 I had the ability to multi window and drag links/pictures from the internet or whatever into my text conversation. Is this true multitasking? Also on my iPad (He did ask if iOS had true multitasking) I can just use 4 fingers and slide between apps or slide up to use another app as reference and quickly go back to what I was typing. Is this TRUE multitasking? Everyone has different opinions as to what makes it true multitasking hence the subjectiveness. I can also swipe up from the bottom and enable whatever paused in the browser to start playing while using another app.

Also I did not say I was great on typing on an iPhone I just said I prefer it to typing on my z10. People told me the bb10's keyboard will start to learn what you meant to say but I really didn't have it happen and I made a crazy amount of typos on my z10. On my iPhone sure I made typos and was not great but it was less typos than on the z10. I would argue that I am probably not the only one that isn't that good typing on a z10. Or am I alone here? lol (serious question to all).
    Lol on a crackberry forum your alone, trust me. Looool everyone will deny it.

I had trouble with the z10 too. Lot sof mistakes. The z39 has genuinely fixed that for me though.

Posted via CB10
    shief24 and Henraay0623 like this.
    04-26-14 01:58 AM
    At least they cared enough to create an acronym. Their customer service is stellar regardless of how they train employees. They solve the problems. How is that "being played"? I don't think anyone cares if Apple has customer service acronyms. They care if Apple responds- which they do- for free I might add. And you actually think BlackBerry cares about you?

Posted via CB10
    Amen, I couldn't have said it better myself. If I was trying to built a customer service model for my company, I would be looking at one that works and has a high rating with its clients, makes perfect business sense to me.

Sent from my z30 on T Mobile USA (10.2.1.2160)
    04-26-14 05:15 AM
    As an average teenage girl should be the title of this. If You want snaping2chat or whatever then go get an IPhone for God sake.
    acovey likes this.
    04-26-14 05:46 AM
    I'm not an average customer. I'm a technophile. As such, I'm currently the owner of all active OS's. Yet I use a Z10 as a daily driver. If it was missing anything, I wouldn't be using it. Ever since the update, I have been completely satisfied with BB OS10.

�Sent from a larger than life device. Using Tapatalk�
    04-26-14 06:39 AM
    As an average customer I want banking apps that work (android port doesn't) I struggle to get to the bank when it's open due to my work, so have to do it online. Every bank, insurance or shop advert you see in this country always has the ios or Android app mentioned at the end never bb10, so at the moment I find myself carrying my old torch with me to use on wifi at work just so I can Bank on an app that works on bb legacy, this and this alone will be the ultimate reason that I could leave BlackBerry when my contract is up, I don't want to carry around 2 personal phones, or spend more money on yet another battery for a 4 year old phone, I don't want games I do t want wallpapers or silly sounds, just things for everyday life that we all use, everything is getting online more and more, come on BlackBerry Sort it out. Rant over :-)

Posted via CB10
    04-26-14 07:05 AM
    As an average customer I want banking apps that work (android port doesn't) I struggle to get to the bank when it's open due to my work, so have to do it online. Every bank, insurance or shop advert you see in this country always has the ios or Android app mentioned at the end never bb10,
    Posted via CB10
    Wait till your account got compromise and you will regret.

04-26-14 07:19 AM
    Wait till your account got compromise and you will regret.

It hasn't yet, and its something I would dread doing on ios or Android, but the old torch 9800 is old and slow, it's why I still mainly use cheques, not cards, I use the online to check balances, but at the moment on bb10 I can't even do that unless I carry my encryption key everywhere with me and do it through the browser, not and easy thing doing my job, delivering furniture, things in pockets break to easily.

Posted via CB10
    04-26-14 07:36 AM
    Typical post for the typical customer..... All the phones are great and if you like the Iphone better..... than it IS better.... if you think BB is better... than it IS better....See my point????? go for whatever seems better to you... there is no wrong answer, other than getting a phone you don't like because someone on a Fan-site said you first choice sucks...... Buy it, Use it, Enjoy it......
    04-26-14 07:37 AM
    Are your friends the average customer who goes to the store looking for what is new, or what the store recommends? I am talking about the average people who doesn't care about instagram or spotify or whatever app you want to name.

Do you think your friends would buy and Iphone or Android device if when they used the device the it crashed, did not have mms functionality, camera that works, or anything that is a part of the core OS for that matter?

You know why so many people love WP? because to them is easy to use, fluid and good looking on top of good devices.

Finally what may be a TOP APP to you or your friends, may not be for me or others, as an example i couldn't care less about instagram, netflix or spotify to name a few, what matters to me is in another category, my top Apps are productivity apps and I find BlackBerry have many of those, hence the Z30 is my daily driver instead of the 5S or HTC One.
    But you need to consider that even the average consumer uses apps. My grandfather uses apps. His friend who is in the market for a smartphone and is the most technically helpless person out there is looking for some specific apps like terrain and trail maps for hunting and fishing. It's all about apps.

Going to Windows Phone, their app selection is quite good. While their selection isn't to the extent of iOS or Android's, the top apps are definitely there. It's a good ecosystem as it is and is growing. Why has it taken off as of recent? Apps.

Sent from my Z10 using Tapatalk
    04-26-14 07:43 AM
    Not all Os have the same multitasking systems. Ios doesn't support multitasking (I guess), BlackBerry only partially, window mobile doesn't even support multitask. It only use fast resume. Symbian have full multitask like window. You can open as many as you want as long there is enough Ram and even after leave if for two weeks it still running.

iOS multitasks, and Windows Mobile is dead, but Windows Phone multitasks.

04-26-14 07:46 AM
    Not really. What number of those new users are over the age of 15? I'm pretty sure that the majority of them only have it to play games and take half naked pictures of themselves that disappear...

Posted via CB10 on my Zee-Tree Zero!
    This is so completely incorrect. I work in a hospital with people much older than 15. A large majority use an iPhone. These are highly intelligent adults that can use whatever they want. I have adult friends and family that have I phones also.

Posted via my Nexus 10.
    04-26-14 08:05 AM
    This is so completely incorrect. I work in a hospital with people much older than 15. A large majority use an iPhone. These are highly intelligent adults that can use whatever they want. I have adult friends and family that have I phones also.

Posted via my Nexus 10.
    I'm not saying that adults and professionals don't utilize it. I'm saying that an extremely large number of new users are in the "tween" demographic. Obviously. With 80 million phones being sold there will be a mix in users. The iPhone is hip with the kids and that can't be argued. Ask yourself this..how many people do you know, prior to the 10.2.1 release, said they wouldn't buy a BlackBerry because it didn't have Netflix or Instagram? Or because they couldn't play candy crush? I know a ton of people that made the comment and I'm sure most people here will reiterate that. Don't get me wrong. I do know many people you use the iPhone for business and certain apps as business tools, but u still find that the majority of people say to me "look what I can do with my phone! How cool is that??"

Posted via CB10 on my Zee-Tree Zero!
    04-26-14 08:20 AM
    iOS multitasks, and Windows Mobile is dead, but Windows Phone multitasks.

Only one app can run on foreground while the rest that is running is not minimise but in inactive state. The "fast resume" window use to manage apps is not multitask. Even then developers have to enable the function in their apps to take advantage of fast resume. Do note fast resume only available in window phone 8. For developers that need certain app features to be running they need to use additional API. The so called multitask in window is not as easy as other Os where there is no need for additional work on developers side. The Os handle it all itself. It is a joke when the desktop version support proper multitasking.

04-26-14 08:36 AM
    Only one app can run on foreground while the rest that is running is not minimise but in inactive state. The "fast resume" window use to manage apps is not multitask. Even then developers have to enable the function in their apps to take advantage of fast resume. Do note fast resume only available in window phone 8. For developers that need certain app features to be running they need to use additional API. The so called multitask in window is not as easy as other Os where there is no need for additional work on developers side. The Os handle it all itself. It is a joke when the desktop version support proper multitasking.

It's still multitasking though. Maybe your definition is just "true" multitasking like a PC. Even though apps are paused in the background it's still multitasking.

04-26-14 08:47 AM
    If the app is not running or just static then how can it be called multitask. Even symbian support multitask started with Nokia Nseries many years ago and android in last few major updates though it have tendency to close apps on its own. Not just window. That is the reason I choose BlackBerry. File manager, multitasking (though partially only), qt/qml support, tv out. Can't believe window can ignore one of the essential mobile phone feature.

spikesolie likes this.
    04-26-14 08:59 AM
    If the app is not running or just static then how can it be called multitask. Even symbian support multitask started with Nokia Nseries many years ago and android in last few major updates though it have tendency to close apps on its own. Not just window. That is the reason I choose BlackBerry. File manager, multitasking (though partially only), qt/qml support, tv out. Can't believe window can ignore one of the essential mobile phone feature.

My point exactly. If the app is static when you switch away, it's not multitasking.

Zee coolest flicking smartphone evah
    04-26-14 09:21 AM

Idk what you are doing wrong but you are doing something wrong. I think the #1 complain about bb10 is that it learns your mistakes that it actually pops them up as a suggestion. That's my problem with my z10.. I feel I should be able to delete individual learnt words but that's a different story

04-26-14 09:23 AM
    Lol on a crackberry forum your alone, trust me. Looool everyone will deny it.

I had trouble with the z10 too. Lot sof mistakes. The z39 has genuinely fixed that for me though.

Posted via CB10
    Can't tell if you are mocking but if it's not a problem most including me have, then Idk if you want us to accept it as true and pretend. Your snipy attitude about it is despicable. I'm guessing your comment has to do with phone size which makes sense but isn't the iphone5s narrower than the z10 which is what the comment was talking about

04-26-14 09:25 AM
    Idk what you are doing wrong but you are doing something wrong. I think the #1 complain about bb10 is that it learns your mistakes that it actually pops them up as a suggestion. That's my problem with my z10.. I feel I should be able to delete individual learnt words but that's a different story

Of course I am doing something wrong. I guess typing is wrong. I was stating that it was supposed to learn your mistakes but it obviously didn't work good enough for me because I still had a lot of typos. I am sure you're great at typing on your z10 but that isn't the case for everyone including me. I made less mistakes on an iPhone 5 and thats my point here. No keyboard is the best out there, its just the best you've used and in your honest opinion.
    04-26-14 10:28 AM
    Of course I am doing something wrong. I guess typing is wrong. I was stating that it was supposed to learn your mistakes but it obviously didn't work good enough for me because I still had a lot of typos. I am sure you're great at typing on your z10 but that isn't the case for everyone including me. I made less mistakes on an iPhone 5 and thats my point here. No keyboard is the best out there, its just the best you've used and in your honest opinion.
    Smh no car is the best out there. Let's just compare my grand am 05 to a mustang 14 gt and pretend it's subjective.

Keyboards work on software and if the software isn't developed well, the keyboard will not work well. Swiftkey has the best software right now and it's on android and native on bb10. Windows sense is not too bad either. I've used ios before. It sucked but that's subjective. The software that comes with it however is not as good. that's not really subjective. You can go test it out..

What I mean however is that if you swipe on a typo after about 3 times, on the same typo it will remember it on the z10 and possibly on others.

For example I go on sports blog a lot and I argue about football - soccer. My favorite players are Spanish yet my keyboard is in English. Most of the players name when I type it, it has accents and my keyboard has now included that. It may underline it but it gets it right. Might wanna set your phone to learn new words.

Also let's not forget the interactivity of the bb10 keyboard based on gestures. I'm talking switching primary and secondary keyboards as well as deleting words. Software wise, it ain't close

04-26-14 11:11 AM
    a
    Smh no car is the best out there. Let's just compare my grand am 05 to a mustang 14 gt and pretend it's subjective.

Keyboards work on software and if the software isn't developed well, the keyboard will not work well. Swiftkey has the best software right now and it's on android and native on bb10. Windows sense is not too bad either. I've used ios before. It sucked but that's subjective. The software that comes with it however is not as good. that's not really subjective. You can go test it out..

What I mean however is that if you swipe on a typo after about 3 times, on the same typo it will remember it on the z10 and possibly on others.

For example I go on sports blog a lot and I argue about football - soccer. My favorite players are Spanish yet my keyboard is in English. Most of the players name when I type it, it has accents and my keyboard has now included that. It may underline it but it gets it right. Might wanna set your phone to learn new words.

Also let's not forget the interactivity of the bb10 keyboard based on gestures. I'm talking switching primary and secondary keyboards as well as deleting words. Software wise, it ain't close

iOS sucks but thats subjective? Doesn't that make everything else you said subjective as well because it follows the same rule? The rule of opinion. Everything you just named is great and dandy but if I still can't type without inserting a hundred periods or typos on a z10 then IN MY OPINION the iPhone keyboard is better for me. I accept that this isn't the case for you but there is no convincing me until I actually find that I am getting less typos on a z10.

Regarding your car bit, is the Mustang GT 14 the better car than the one you own? OR is it the best car out right now? I am sure there are people who prefer other cars. Thats subjectivity my friend.
    04-26-14 11:20 AM
149 ... 23456