I just purchased an Aux cable for my car I plugged it in then plugged the headphone jack into the phone I switched to Aux on the stereo and pushed play on my z10. It was playing the music but no sound or anything coming from the device or through the car??? What's going on here?

Posted via CB10
    06-03-13 03:36 PM
    Faulty cable maybe? I do this all the time in my car and have no problems. Have another device to try? Have you turned the volume up? Do you have a bluetooth device that it may be trying to pipe the audio to instead?
    06-03-13 03:41 PM
    If you're using your Z10 in case make sure the plug is pushed in all the way. That's happened to me a few times that the plug wasn't seating all the way.

Posted via CB10
    theRock1975 and Javid Gozalov like this.
    06-03-13 03:42 PM
    Also check your volume settings on your Z10. If it is too low, you will not hear any sound through the speakers.

Posted via CB10 from my spectacular Z10
    06-03-13 05:57 PM
    It says headphone volume when I plug the Aux in.. and I put to the highest not working??

Posted via CB10
    06-03-13 06:21 PM
    I can't say if this is true or not because I haven't come across one, but I recall reading a forum post saying some Auxiliary cables are one-way for output. Try reversing it?
    06-03-13 06:53 PM
    What do you mean?

Posted via CB10
    dboy54 likes this.
    06-03-13 07:21 PM
    I wanted to listen to some music thru the car speakers from my Z10 using the aux cable so plugged it in and brought up my Skooday app and no sound. Then played music that was down loaded to my music app and it played thru the car speakers fine. Wonder what happened there?
    06-03-13 07:34 PM
    What do you mean?

Posted via CB10
    One end if the cable possibly being output, the other input. Try it again. If no sound is coming through, plug the end that was previously in your device into the car's aux port; the end that was previously in the aux port into your device. Can't hurt to try it.
    06-03-13 08:43 PM
    Does your car have bluetooth?
    06-03-13 09:05 PM
    Can you replicate this with headphones?
    06-03-13 09:12 PM
    I had this happen. To me randomly on my blue tooth. Coupled with the other issues I just exchanged devices.

Posted via CB10
    06-03-13 09:17 PM
    BlackBerry 10 devices don't work with the aux port in either of my cars or my home stereo. Every other phone I've ever tried works with all of my Auxiliary ports and the line in cable I use. Just not the Z10 or Dev Alpha C.

People thought I was making it up, but nope. The way it was explained to me, there is a switch inside the phone. When you plug it in, it checks to see if you are connected to headphones or not. Then it switches the audio out the port. The switch in BB10 phones is set up really stupidly, to where it don't acknowledge all ports. I've never experienced anything like it, but it really sucks. The same aux ports that I used with my 9930 won't work with BB10. Such a stupid stupid decision by BlackBerry.

It really makes me regret buying a 64gb sd card. I love plugging my phone into the car stereos and listening to my MP3 collection. Inside the car is the only time I even listen to music.

Typed on my Dev Alpha C, Posted Via CB10
    06-03-13 09:22 PM
    i use my z10 in my car via aux port all the time.no issue.
    06-03-13 10:04 PM
    BlackBerry 10 devices don't work with the aux port in either of my cars or my home stereo. Every other phone I've ever tried works with all of my Auxiliary ports and the line in cable I use. Just not the Z10 or Dev Alpha C.

People thought I was making it up, but nope. The way it was explained to me, there is a switch inside the phone. When you plug it in, it checks to see if you are connected to headphones or not. Then it switches the audio out the port. The switch in BB10 phones is set up really stupidly, to where it don't acknowledge all ports. I've never experienced anything like it, but it really sucks. The same aux ports that I used with my 9930 won't work with BB10. Such a stupid stupid decision by BlackBerry.

It really makes me regret buying a 64gb sd card. I love plugging my phone into the car stereos and listening to my MP3 collection. Inside the car is the only time I even listen to music.

Not sure why you're having issues, I use mine all the time plugged into my aux jack in the car. You may want to get a second opinion.

Posted with my STL100-3 OS version .2354 on AT&T
    06-03-13 11:04 PM
    I had an issue with this in a limo the other day. We plugged in a 9900 and it was playing but no sound . Then we tried my z10 and it played but the sound was so low.. and both times we tried shoving the plug deeper and turning the volume up

Posted via CB10
    06-03-13 11:11 PM

What you say makes absolutely no sense. I have BSEE and your comments are nonsensical. If headphones work in your z10, so will line ins

Posted via CB10
    06-03-13 11:21 PM
    Not sure why you're having issues, I use mine all the time plugged into my aux jack in the car. You may want to get a second opinion.

Like I said, it doesn't recognize that it is connected to ALL ports. I'm sure it works with most aux ports. It doesn't surprise me that it works with your port, but I know that it doesn't work with ALL of them like most phones will.

There is nothing wrong with any of my stereos, or my aux cable, because like I said, all the other phones I've tried work with the same stereos and the same cable. I used to do this very often with my Bold, so I know it's not the car's problem. There also isn't anything wrong with the headphone jacks on my BlackBerry 10 phones, because headphones work with both. Even headphones that are connected via my Aux cable work with them.

There is no second opinion needed. The hardware inside the Z10 and the DAC/Q10 doesn't recognize that is connected to certain auxilariy ports. That's all there is to it. The OP in this thread described the exact issue I have with both of my cars and my home stereo. So obviously we aren't alone here. If it works with your stereos, be thankful. I really wished it worked with mine.

06-03-13 11:23 PM
    I'm just going to get another cord for Aux. It be faulty.

Posted via CB10
    06-04-13 08:49 AM
    What you say makes absolutely no sense. I have BSEE and your comments are nonsensical. If headphones work in your z10, so will line ins

Posted via CB10
    Yeah except no its not nonsense. Lol why would I make it up?

06-04-13 08:57 AM
    I'm just going to get another cord for Aux. It be faulty.

Posted via CB10
    I picked up a couple of the retractable versions from the FB store for the cars. They work for me with an iPhone, a 9900 and my Z10.
    06-04-13 09:10 AM
    Like I said, it doesn't recognize that it is.........
    There is no second opinion needed. The hardware inside the Z10 and the DAC/Q10 doesn't recognize that is connected to certain auxilariy ports. That's all there is to it. The OP in this thread described the exact issue I have with both of my cars and my home stereo. So obviously we aren't alone here. If it works with your stereos, be thankful. I really wished it worked with mine.

Hey Saiga, what exactly is it that makes the port you refer to so different, I personally have never heard of this issue but would certainly welcome learning more. BTW, no disrespect was ever intended.

Posted via CB10 on AT&T
    Last edited by gliveron; 06-05-13 at 05:23 PM.
    06-04-13 09:57 AM
    Hey Saiga, what exactly is it that makes the port you refer to so different, I personally have never heard of this issue but would certainly welcome learning more. BTW, no disrespect was ever intended.

The way it was explained to me is the phone's hardware detects when it is plugged into headphones or a aux port by the voltage coming into it. If the voltage reaches a threshold, the audio gets directed out the headphone jack instead of the phones speaker. The theshold is set really weird with the BlackBerry 10 phones I have, they don't detect aux ports that other phones will. I will make a video of it later today. Would do it now, but taking the kids to the Zoo. Lol

Oh and you didn't upset me at all. I understand that I'm in the minority by having this problem.

06-04-13 10:10 AM
    I forgot to mention it works through aux in a friends car and on my Klipsch speakers.

Posted via CB10
    06-04-13 04:49 PM
    Grab yourself a blackberry music gateway and your set.... no more wires.....I hate wires!
    06-04-13 04:53 PM
125 123 ...