In my AutoText list it has some words being under Specified Case and others being under Smart Case. What do they mean and what's the difference?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-06-08 11:33 PM
    Specified Case uses capitalization exactly as typed when the substition is entered into the list (e.g., ftp is replaced with ftp and never capitalized; www is replaced with www and never capitalized).

SmartCase uses capitalization based on context (e.g., first word in a sentence begins with a capital letter, ive is replaced with I've where the "I" is always capital, as is grammatically correct).

Last edited by amazinglygraceless; 05-07-08 at 03:24 AM.
    05-07-08 03:22 AM
    auto text is a great feature for custom signatures or mailing list
    05-07-08 05:23 AM
    Specified Case uses capitalization exactly as typed when the substition is entered into the list (e.g., ftp is replaced with ftp and never capitalized; www is replaced with www and never capitalized).

SmartCase uses capitalization based on context (e.g., first word in a sentence begins with a capital letter, ive is replaced with I've where the "I" is always capital, as is grammatically correct).

Oh I see... thanks!!
    05-07-08 11:48 AM
    auto text is a great feature for custom signatures or mailing list
    Ohhhhh yes!
    05-07-08 12:05 PM
    how do we turn off the auto text feature on a pearl
    05-31-08 06:39 PM
    how do we turn off the auto text feature on a pearl
    If you mean SureType, I just did this on an 8100

Options > language >input language. Change it from English (United States) to English (United States - Multitap). There should now be an ABC somewhere on your screen.

I reset the phone and the setting held. Give it a try.
    05-31-08 08:21 PM
    He has a Curve according to the phone model.

For text messages... Go to Options --> SMS Text --> 'Disable Autotext' change to yes.

05-31-08 08:25 PM
    If you mean SureType, I just did this on an 8100

Options > language >input language. Change it from English (United States) to English (United States - Multitap). There should now be an ABC somewhere on your screen.

I reset the phone and the setting held. Give it a try.
    niiiice thanks.. such a confusing mess the options and such are.. didnt know, love how everythin is over complex'd, like we got time to mess around with stuff all day instead of origional creators making simpler products so we can just use them
    11-15-08 08:16 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD