I have an 07 Acura MDX with the integrated bluetooth hands free link and a Pearl.

The vehicle recognizes the phone ok, but when I initiate a call via the phone, the hands free is not automatically used.

Also, if I'm on a call outside of the vehicle and then enter the vehicle the call is not transferred to the handsfree automatically.

I'm wondering if there are any settings on the Pearl that will allow me to configure it to always use the hands free if it is available?

Thanks,

Alan
    09-01-07 07:16 AM
    when entering the car and when a call has been initiated press the talk key on cars steering wheel, issue the command "TRANSFER" . That should do it, unfortunately its not automatic.
    11-24-07 11:48 PM
    Thanks for the reply. I was aware of the transfer option, but I'd much prefer it to happen automatically. Half the time the transfer option doesn't seem to work. The car replies with "There is no call in progress".

I also own a 2007 BMW 328i Sedan and I have to say that the bluetooth features are dramatically better and easier to use on the BMW.

Alan
    11-25-07 11:26 AM
    I have the same problem. thanks for your help.
    03-20-10 08:17 PM
    FYI...

This is an Acura problem. Not a Blackberry problem. It happens with other bluetooth phones.

I sent a support request to Acura and they replied that it was operating as designed. Whatever. Their design sucks.

Alan
    03-21-10 08:21 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD