So, does anyone use the auto on/off feature? Is there any benefit to using or not using it? Just wondering.

And at night when I have my phone off(auto turn off) and it is on the charger, it has an annoying bright green LED. Anyway to turn that off?
    07-15-08 10:32 AM
    Well its useful if you have a set sleep and wake time and just schedule your BB accordingly so that it doesnt disturb you through the night...or say if you're traveling and want to save bettery.

As for the green LED, just turn the BB around on its face and that'll solve the problem..
    07-15-08 10:35 AM
    If it was that simple....I have a cradle charger. So I'd have to cover it up with something. So sad...such a nice piece of equipment on the night stand, only to have it covered up by a piece of cloth. No one should ever have to turn their berry face down..
    07-15-08 10:38 AM
    Agree, it's so wrong.... I like the light, makes it easy when going to the bathroom and not running into the bed. lol
    07-15-08 10:40 AM
    Yes the "Green Lantern" is annoying. Though I don't see it because my BB sleeps down stairs.
    I do use the auto on/off feature. I don't realy know of any benifits other than helps with the battery life. I like my BB fully charged for the day. If I did keep my BB close by I wouldn't want it waking me up while I slept.
    Happy Crackberring!
    =8')

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-15-08 10:41 AM
    I don't mind it....it's the wife. So unfortunately, the "light will go away". hah
    07-15-08 10:41 AM
    Well its useful if you have a set sleep and wake time and just schedule your BB accordingly so that it doesnt disturb you through the night...or say if you're traveling and want to save bettery.

As for the green LED, just turn the BB around on its face and that'll solve the problem..
    I put a pillow on mine. That light is annoying.
    07-15-08 10:42 AM
    I'm pretty sure I don't have a green LED when mine is charging.
    07-15-08 11:03 AM
    I'm pretty sure I don't have a green LED when mine is charging.
    The green LED is on if your BB is switched off, not when its on. Do you switch yours off when charging?
    07-15-08 11:07 AM
    Something I noticed and posted about is my time zone changes when the auto on/off is enabled

But past that is nice to not wake up at 2am to find out victoria secrets is having another big sale this week

Hahaha

07-15-08 11:08 AM
    The green LED is on if your BB is switched off, not when its on. Do you switch yours off when charging?
    When powered off and charging, you should get a fading on/off amber light, when the charging is finished, it should be solid green. It would be nice if you could set it to turn off when finished charging so you get the best of both worlds!
    07-15-08 11:13 AM
    I use the on/off feature just to save battery, it works for me!!
    07-15-08 11:21 AM
    I've never really understood the point of the auto on/off feature. I mean, is it that hard just to turn it off when you go to bed an on again when you get up?

As for the charging light, yes, it is very annoying. I was charging my BB last night. It's practically on my bed while charging, so I just ended up covering it with a part of my comforter. Still couldn't fall asleep unfortunately. Haha.

07-15-08 11:47 AM
    I also noticed a change in time on mine. I first saw it in my SMS folder. My times were correct to my time zone, but all of my incoming were an hour ahead.....
    07-15-08 01:53 PM
    I like the auto on/off because sometimes I forget to turn off the bb and I'm quite annoyed when an email wakes me up.
    07-15-08 02:14 PM
    I also noticed a change in time on mine. I first saw it in my SMS folder. My times were correct to my time zone, but all of my incoming were an hour ahead.....
    Start a new thread for this topic....
    07-15-08 02:39 PM
    i use it to clear up some memory for me

it turns itself off at 5am and back on at 505am

clears up some mem without me missing anything
    07-15-08 02:54 PM
    Great great feature that many people do not even know about

As for the "green lantern", I can live with it... that is why I set my Berry to automatically turn off about and hour after I go to sleep and that way I am never awake to notice it!!
    07-15-08 02:59 PM
    Great great feature that many people do not even know about

As for the "green lantern", I can live with it... that is why I set my Berry to automatically turn off about and hour after I go to sleep and that way I am never awake to notice it!!
    you referring to my memory trick?
    07-15-08 03:14 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD