I have a bluetooth speaker system I use with my BlackBerry Curve, and my only concern is that once I get near it the phone automatically connects, great!

Does anyone know if the blackberry (Or of an application) will automatically disconnect from the device if it is not being used, so after a few hours the battery is not dead?

Thanks
    04-11-09 03:06 PM
    I have a bluetooth speaker system I use with my BlackBerry Curve, and my only concern is that once I get near it the phone automatically connects, great!

Does anyone know if the blackberry (Or of an application) will automatically disconnect from the device if it is not being used, so after a few hours the battery is not dead?

Thanks
    I am confused by your question. I don't know if your happy that your BT speaker connects when it's within range of your BB or the BB doesn't disconnect BT when it's not in range of the speaker.

I have a Motorola BT speaker that as long as it's turned on, will connect to my BB whenever I am in range. When I am not in range, the headset goes into a standby mode.

BT speakers have long standby and talk times. If yur going to be away from it for longer than 10 hours, just turn the headset off. Besides, chances are, your BB battery will die long before the BT headset needs to be recharged.
    04-11-09 07:47 PM
    I am confused by your question. I don't know if your happy that your BT speaker connects when it's within range of your BB or the BB doesn't disconnect BT when it's not in range of the speaker.

I have a Motorola BT speaker that as long as it's turned on, will connect to my BB whenever I am in range. When I am not in range, the headset goes into a standby mode.

BT speakers have long standby and talk times. If yur going to be away from it for longer than 10 hours, just turn the headset off. Besides, chances are, your BB battery will die long before the BT headset needs to be recharged.
    Let me be more specific. Yes, I am happy that it connects when in range, that is what it is supposed to do. However, I would like for it to disconnect if I am NOT using it for more than, say 15 minutes? So my BB battery does not die.

It is not a headset, it is a Bluetooth speaker system, IE, the speakers are plugged in and turned on all of the time.

Since the speakers will always be connected all of the time, it would be nice if there were an application for the BB that would disconnect the bluetooth connection if it is idle.
    04-11-09 08:33 PM
    Let me be more specific. Yes, I am happy that it connects when in range, that is what it is supposed to do. However, I would like for it to disconnect if I am NOT using it for more than, say 15 minutes? So my BB battery does not die.

It is not a headset, it is a Bluetooth speaker system, IE, the speakers are plugged in and turned on all of the time.

Since the speakers will always be connected all of the time, it would be nice if there were an application for the BB that would disconnect the bluetooth connection if it is idle.
    Headset/Speaker- no difference; they operate the same. In range- connect; Not in range- disconnect.
    I am not aware of an app that would do this- not saying there isn't one; just I'm not aware of it. Although, the same can be done in 2 clicks - BT Options - Turn BT off? Just a thought../.
    04-11-09 09:02 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD