So I was sitting here listening to some music on my trusty Curve 8330 with OS 4.5 and I was playing with the options and I saw one titled "Audioboost". Enabling it displayed a lrge insistent warning about dangerous volumes. So I perched my headphones safely away from my ears and acknowledged it, saved my settings and tentively shifted the headphones closer to my ears. Then I realized its exactly the same, everything, it didn't even rescale the volume (max volume is same as before). I tried restarting the song, even the whole player. It just doesn't seem to do anything. I made sure it didn't disable itself somehow as well. So I'm probably not understanding something, any CBers out there want to learn me something?

Thanks,
    Matt

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-08-09 01:03 AM
    not sure. i just ran across this too playing youtube through the browser on my storm. i was too afraid to let it do it though so i said no. after that, it sounded like the sound was skipping but the video was playing fine. it did that until i turned it all the way down and back up again.

color me curious as well.
    04-08-09 09:24 AM
    I use it now and then.....especially when listening to dance music. Im sure I will be deaf by the time Im 40, but it makes the bass sound fuller if that makes sense. But I can definitely tell a difference.

Kind of a "but these go to 11" type of thing. Audioboost is the 11 on the dial
    04-08-09 09:29 AM
    A Spinal Tap reference. Very nice
    04-08-09 09:48 AM
    I use it now and then.....especially when listening to dance music. Im sure I will be deaf by the time Im 40, but it makes the bass sound fuller if that makes sense. But I can definitely tell a difference.

Strange, my music sounds exactly the same with the setting on and off, and it didn't change my volume scale at all. Maybe my BlackBerry just isn't cool enough to go to 11.
    04-08-09 09:50 AM
    I understand Audio Boost is provided to meet the requirements of some hearing impaired clients. It increases the volume at the built in speaker during a phone call.

It is not intended for listening to music or videos through the headphone jack.
    04-08-09 10:20 AM
    the audio boost makes my music much louder, especially with headphones on. I have an 8330.
    04-08-09 11:13 AM
    I understand Audio Boost is provided to meet the requirements of some hearing impaired clients. It increases the volume at the built in speaker during a phone call.

It is not intended for listening to music or videos through the headphone jack.
    that's what i was thinking as well. my cousin is deaf and i remember him saying that some of his friends with better hearing can use phones with this feature.

edit** our conversation wasn't about a bb, but rather cell phones in general with an increased audio feature.
    04-08-09 11:23 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD