I have a 8330 curve and want to plug it directly into my home stereo so I can listen to Pandora radio (awesome!). I tried using a mini to RCA jack which I use all of the time for my ipod, but nothing! It works fine when I use the earpiece, but wont process out to the RCA jacks. I was thinking that it may have to go out the mini 5 (power, sync) port to a RCA, but I can not find such a beast. Help!
    07-12-09 07:27 PM
    I can do this on my Bold. I often connect it up to the car stereo using mini jack to mini jack so I can listen in the car.

I used to do this with my 8300 as well so it's certainly possible witht the 83xx family.

Are you sure your lead isn't at fault? Have you tried another lead?
    07-12-09 09:27 PM
    Try using a different 1/4 - RCA cable. I tried using the one that came with my iPod Touch. It was a white 1/4 - RCA cable. No sound was output to my radio's Aux input from my BlackBerry. I changed to a different 1/4 - RCA cable I purchased from Walmart, and the new cable worked flawlessly. I'm not sure why the iPod cable didn't work. Trying a different cable should hopefully fix this issue for you. It did for me.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-12-09 09:39 PM
    It's probably related to the end of the jack you are plugging into the phone. I've had some cables that work and others that don't. You can by adapters for about $2 at staples.
    07-12-09 10:11 PM
    I have the same phone in the menu you have to change it to headjack you can make it play through the ear piece to this should work

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-13-09 12:48 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD