Hey guys I just got a memory card so I can finally do my Mp3s. When I was increasing my volume i saw a pop up box about audio boost but i was pressing up so fast I accidently clicked dont show me again. I then realized it was too quiet on max, with my headphones so I searched for audio boost again and cant find it. I have the verizion curve. Also what are the dangers of turning it on? Will it blow my blackberry speaker? they wouldnt have a seperate mode for it unless it could harm the device right?
    01-25-09 07:24 PM
    I've got an 8350i curve from nextel but it should be similar. Go to your media folder, hit the blackberry button and go to options. Scroll down till you see audio boost. Good luck.
    01-25-09 09:28 PM
    hmm I turned it on, and it didnt sound different at all. Odd the volume is too quiet. Any solutions
    01-25-09 10:17 PM
    I noticed that too, it sounds exactly the same to me. However the max volume of my device is pretty decent. I have no idea if it's possible to boost the sound any further.
    01-26-09 01:25 AM
    Kozar - if you have a Curve on Verizon, you have an 8330, not an 8900. We wish we had the 8900.
    01-26-09 08:37 AM
    o lol my bad. Any ways any one know how to make it louder?
    01-26-09 01:56 PM
    Google Audacity, or mp3gain. You can use these programs to increase the gain on any mp3 file.

After using Audacity, my ringtone went from too soft to being able to leave my Profile set to Normal.
    01-26-09 01:59 PM
    I have tried to use Audacity, but that program is just way too complicated, especially if you are on a Mac, at least it was for me.

I just use a sound converter that I found for free, and boost the volume and then save it to the desktop, and transfer via memory card reader.
    01-26-09 03:11 PM
    In Media, if you hit the BB button, you should see Options. Select it, and under the Media category you should see Audio Boost and the option to change the setting.

I found Audio Boost to really distort the sound through my car's head unit. I've also found I don't need to go past 50% when using my Bold's headphones. What kind of headphones are you using?
    01-26-09 03:48 PM
    50 dollar skull candys. their very nice :]
    01-26-09 05:32 PM
    I use audacity and I can figure out how to make MP3s louder. can I get a step by step walk through please and thank you :]
    01-26-09 10:41 PM
    First: Open up any mp3 in Audacity.
    - You'll see a bunch of blue lines all over the place, that is the mp3.
    - Highlight from left to right, the entire mp3 (all the blue lines. You highlight by clicking the left and dragging all the way to the right until the end of the song (end of the blue lines).
    - Now the song should be highlighted. Go up to the menu, look for "Effects"
    - In "Effects" look for "Amplify", it's very close to the top.
    - A box should pop up that allows you to edit and amplify the song to make it much louder.
    - Click and drag the little mover thingy (hope you know what I'm talking about) to change the dB (decibels/decibles), which is how loud a noise or song is. The higher the dB, the louder. Drag the bar to the RIGHT to get it LOUDER, drag it to the LEFT to make it SOFTER.
    - I just dragged mine to "10.9 db". I marked "Allow clipping" and hit "OK". My song is much louder now.

Good luck! Audacity is a great program =)
    Last edited by Jonneh; 01-26-09 at 11:43 PM.
    01-26-09 11:38 PM
    First: Open up any mp3 in Audacity.
    - You'll see a bunch of blue lines all over the place, that is the mp3.
    - Highlight from left to right, the entire mp3 (all the blue lines. You highlight by clicking the left and dragging all the way to the right until the end of the song (end of the blue lines).
    - Now the song should be highlighted. Go up to the menu, look for "Effects"
    - In "Effects" look for "Amplify", it's very close to the top.
    - A box should pop up that allows you to edit and amplify the song to make it much louder.
    - Click and drag the little mover thingy (hope you know what I'm talking about) to change the dB (decibels/decibles), which is how loud a noise or song is. The higher the dB, the louder. Drag the bar to the RIGHT to get it LOUDER, drag it to the LEFT to make it SOFTER.
    - I just dragged mine to "10.9 db". I marked "Allow clipping" and hit "OK". My song is much louder now.
    You don't even need to highlight the whole song, once the file is loaded, look for the "gain" window on the lower left and drag the slider from the "0" position to the + side. Then do a "save as" file save with a different name and try it out to see if it's loud enough. Repeat process if more/less gain is needed.

The only time you need to highlight in the spectrum window is if you are trying to take a portion of the song, like when making a 30 second ringtone from a full song, for instance.

Good luck! Audacity is a great program =)[/QUOTE]
    01-27-09 12:07 AM
    Good info on Audacity thanks...
    01-27-09 12:55 AM
    Good info on Audacity thanks...
    No problem!

Dvdfan2k - I don't see where this "gain" thing in a lower left corner is, but maybe I'm just blind haha. Anyway, if that works for you that's great. This is just how I learned to do any effects/changes to any mp3's I wanted to alter or experiment with in the past. Highlighting the song takes less than 2 seconds, so it's really no big deal to me. Plus you get to see the whole list of effects in the menu where "Amplify" is, and users can start having fun with those haha
    01-27-09 01:03 AM
    ok i tried what jon said, and the sound quality was awfule! all staticy and not really louder. Any other solutions?
    01-28-09 11:12 PM
    ok i tried what jon said, and the sound quality was awfule! all staticy and not really louder. Any other solutions?
    Hmm really? Didn't happen with my mp3...and I just tried another, entirely different mp3 and it didn't happen either. I'm sorry, good luck!
    01-28-09 11:14 PM
    You didn't overboost the gain did you? If you overdo it it will be very distorted, and could possibly damage your speaker.

Shouldn't have to boost more than +3 to +6 dB gain.
    01-29-09 01:23 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD
";