I have not been able to open attachements that are sent to me. I sent myself jpeg., doc. & pdf. files as tests but I get the same message on all
    of them: "more request cannot be completed. service book info not found"
    Is there something I need to turn on? or app that will handle all these attachements?
    02-04-09 01:46 PM
    Do you have Blackberry Attachments installed? If not you can install it via DM, you'll need to have your OS on your computer to add/remove it.
    02-04-09 01:52 PM
    Fightclub,
    New to site, can you explain that a bit more. I cant seem to open pdf files on my berry either. I have the 8830 (getting 8350i in a week) and my wife has the 8330. Is there some app to install to open pdfs
    02-05-09 05:38 AM
    From your home screen go to options/advanced options/applications and make sure you have the "Blackberry Attachment Service" installed. If not you can do it via DM as was said above

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-05-09 06:01 AM
    If you go to Options->Advanced Options->Applications do you see BlackBerry Attachment Service?

If you don't, you'll need to hook up your BB to your PC, load up Desktop Manager, go to Application Loader, Add / Remove Applications and check off the the BB Attachment Service box to reinstall it. If you don't see it (or any of the stock BB apps in the list) you'll need to install your BB Operating System to your PC and reload DM. You can see your OS version at Options->Status.

If you don't have DM or don't have your BB OS installed, you can get both at your carriers site at blackberry.com.
    02-05-09 06:02 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD