I need assistance please.. I am having a hard time opening any attachments that are in e-mails sent to my BB. I have especially noticed with video attachments.. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.. I noticed another person having issues, but I don't know if they were resolved.. Thanks..
    09-07-08 11:27 PM
    Open Desktop Manager, connect BB and put a check in the
    Attachment Service box and "next through to finish.
    It does not install automatically with the OS.
    09-07-08 11:53 PM
    Blackberry Attachment Service gives both BES and BIS users the ability to open and view email attachments in the following formats: doc, xls, ppt, wordperfect, pdf, ascii, html, jpg, bmp, gif, png, and tiff, and the zip'd versions of these. Unless your video is in one of these formats, you won't be able to open it as an attachment.
    09-08-08 11:28 PM
    Here's a more complete list I found to help you get further along than just opening the Desktop Manager and hooking up your BB to it.

1. Connect the BlackBerry device to your personal computer.
    2. Open Desktop Manager. Double-click Application Loader. The Application Loader Wizard opens.
    3. Click Next. You may be prompted for your BlackBerry device password. Type it in the Password field.
    4. In the Application Name list, verify that BlackBerry Attachment Service is present and that the box beside it is checked.
    5. Click Next > Finish to install the BlackBerry Attachment service.

I don't know what you do if "BB Attachment Service" is missing from your list in the application list. Possibly reload the Service books?
    09-09-08 12:26 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD