I was trying this but could not..so wanted to check. Is there an option to attach an email while drafting a new mail in blackberry?

Q10 | SQN100-3 | CIRCA 2013
    02-17-15 01:05 AM
    The word "attach" is wrong. That's why you can't solve this. Sending a received email to someone else is called "forwarding". You should choose the forward operation on that received email. This will let you enter a new receiver and new text, additional to the existing text.
    02-17-15 01:16 AM
    I believe that it is actually possible to 'attach' email messages in this method, though not on BB10. My boss used to always send me emails this way and it was a pain because I was only able to open the file within outlook.
    I don't think that it's a very standard way to forward a message. I can see the use when forwarding multiple messages but I still think it's less than ideal as you will run into compatibility issues all the time.

Posted via my BlackBerry Passport
    02-17-15 01:24 AM
    Any normal mail client can attach and open emails that are attached to another email.
    Any email can be composed of different parts and all parts have a MIME type. If you specify message/rfc822, then you have just attached an email to another email (inception). See www dot iana dot org/assignments/media-types/media-types.xhtml#message for a list of possible MIME types that are registered with IANA.

BlackBerry email client does not seem to implement the support for this MIME type (so you can't even open an attached mail) , which is unusual and quite disappointing.

Posted via CB10
    02-17-15 02:29 AM
    Sure you can "attach" received emails. (But I don't know anyone who really does this.) This is mostly an option in the email clients, "resend inline or attached", the default is inline. The operation is always a Forward operation, on every client.
    02-17-15 03:54 AM
    Sure you can "attach" received emails. (But I don't know anyone who really does this.) This is mostly an option in the email clients, "resend inline or attached", the default is inline. The operation is always a Forward operation, on every client.
    It can be helpful when sending a collection of responses to one recipient. Unless there's a policy reason for doing this with single messages instead of forwarding then real life usage is probably pretty limited otherwise though.

Posted via CB10
    02-17-15 04:05 AM
    Attach a received email to an email is quite useful, it can maintain the integrity of the received email that u attached. By attaching an email, u are not able to amend the email that u received and attached.

On the other hand, if someone choose to forward the email, the someone can always amend the original msg that he received and forward to someone else.
    Grafic111 and Dmessenger like this.
    02-17-15 07:10 AM
    Attach a received email to an email is quite useful, it can maintain the integrity of the received email that u attached. By attaching an email, u are not able to amend the email that u received and attached.

On the other hand, if someone choose to forward the email, the someone can always amend the original msg that he received and forward to someone else.
    +1

So may be Blackberry needs to do something about this. As you rightly put, my field of job requires a significant reference email attachments where in I am unable do so when travelling.

Q10 | SQN100-3 | CIRCA 2013
    02-17-15 10:12 AM
    This is a must have feature for business users. And it would serve as an USP for BlackBerry, if implemented.

Posted via CB10
    02-17-15 10:39 AM
    Attach a received email to an email is quite useful,
    OK, learned that. Never used it in the last about 20 years. But I also never had a business approach. I write emails using multiple quoting levels ...
    02-17-15 11:23 AM
    Could be handy. So give us more options, BBRY! :-)

�   Telstra has the Classic now, "got it in two weeks agow"...   �
    02-17-15 07:57 PM