my daughter will be moving at the end of summer. we have tmob in d.c but i was wondering which is better in nyc/jersey.

tia!
    03-04-08 10:42 AM
    verizon actually. i think the next best is AT&T. i live in northwest jersey, about 45 minutes from NYC.
    03-04-08 02:49 PM
    Seriously, Verizon?

I have switched about 10 people away from Verizon to ATT, cause they needed to make a phone call, and had to borrow mine cause their Verizon phone didnt have service.

In NYC, ATT and TMob are tied, but moving away from the city, TMo loses, for the best overall coverage go with ATT.

Plus, why would you want a crippled phone anyway? LOL
    03-04-08 02:52 PM
    i've never had a problem with verizon's coverage. i have to travel into sussex county (top of jersey) a lot and they only have verizon towers so just about everyone there has to have verizon in order to have a cell work. i really don't mind the crippling, but then again i don't know what i'm missing because i've always had verizon ever since cell phones got fancy.
    03-04-08 03:00 PM
    I don't have any experience with ATT, but I have T-Mo and I'm always in North Jersey (Passaic Co.) without any problems. All of my fam up there has T-Mo too and we never have had any service issues.
    03-04-08 03:04 PM
    i have had them all and i recommend t-mobile cause of their good reception and great pricing. (wester ny)
    03-05-08 11:00 PM
    Hey jerzey904, where in passaic cty? I live in that area!
    03-05-08 11:06 PM
    Hey jerzey904, where in passaic cty? I live in that area!
    CJ, My family lives in Paterson. I grew up and lived there til I was 19.
    03-06-08 06:31 PM
    i live in Riverdale, about 10min from Paterson! Lol
    03-06-08 06:33 PM
    i live in Riverdale, about 10min from Paterson! Lol
    Small world I also have a sis that lives in Lodi, so we're all over the place.
    03-06-08 06:51 PM
    I have a bberry from work on ATT and a personal one from Tmobile

ATT service is much better, especially in buildings. T Mobile has a lot of dead spots in office buildings and elevators. T mobile does have better service plans and if you do the hot spot at home, you can save money and have a perfect signal all the time.

Personally, if ATTs plans were better, I would have switched to them
    03-07-08 09:07 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD