There was nothing on the floor. I looked everywhere

Posted via CB10
    10-05-13 10:59 AM
    My store has the 9900, Q10 and Z10, plugged in on demo mode.
    10-05-13 11:19 AM
    None here at att near me in CT. But that's nothing new, they never had a blackberry display.
    10-05-13 01:06 PM
    None here at att near me in CT. But that's nothing new, they never had a blackberry display.
    Not sure where you are but that is pretty much what I am seeing in Manchester and Enfield. Enfield I don't know about but the stores at Buckland always had decent displays / selections
    10-05-13 05:48 PM
    Q10 only near me in CT
    10-05-13 06:53 PM
    They probably do something stupid like put models that sell on display.
    10-05-13 07:04 PM
    instead of trying to sell by displaying them?.. Interesting 'store' model.
    10-05-13 07:06 PM
    There was nothing on the floor.
    Did you look on the display tables?
    propeller10 likes this.
    10-05-13 07:06 PM
    instead of trying to sell by displaying them?.. Interesting 'store' model.
    Its called a successful store model. Why would you waste valuable shelf space on something that doesn't sell? Would you if you owned a store?
    10-05-13 07:24 PM
    Its called a successful store model. Why would you waste valuable shelf space on something that doesn't sell? Would you if you owned a store?
    Depends on the type of goods I'm selling. If they are perishable (food), then of course I would stock and display what is selling fast. However I would not waste prime visible shelf space on milk, bread and other staples (products that everyone already knows are sold there). Instead, I would force customers to walk through sections with new, unfamiliar (and marked up) products on their way to the staples. In the case of mobile devices, I would devote a little space to whatever everyone already knows about (iPhone, android-err Samsung Galaxy... i.e. the staples), and the rest to 'new' products that perhaps need a little more visibility, and would benefit from consumer education.

Does anyone really need to see a massive iPhone section to know that iPhones exist and are being sold? If they are so great and popular, people will ask for them as long as they see a small section for it... no need to shove them down your throat by having 1/4 of a store devoted to it.

Obviously there is preference as to what is pushed and how hard, but initially it is hardly to do with how many are sold... especially since that figure really only materializes after, and as a result of those choices. BB10 devices never really got a spot in the store (a dark corner and a poster doesn't count)... so, of course,.. no surprise... they never sold.

Posted via CB10
    shellnsean likes this.
    10-05-13 08:15 PM
    Thread blows up in 3... 2......

10-05-13 08:22 PM
    Did you look on the display tables?
    Lmao

Posted via CB10
    10-05-13 08:24 PM
    I think that's probably going to be the case with all carriers, maybe not with VZW though. They might all be ready to stop selling them on stores, but only through orders.
    10-05-13 08:26 PM