01-23-08 02:25 PM
- John YesterRetired SuperstarI would say go to both places and mess around with them, shop around.. say I'm just looking and check them out... I love the pearl it's size is great and suretype is allot faster for me... The size of the device and great as well. little smaller then the Curve, but pretty much same features......
I think there has been a couple threads askign what device is better and what should people get.... pretty much asking the same question... Search and find out... Good luck01-23-08 09:13 AM
Ditto. I had the Pearl, but i traded it in right away for the Red Curve. Its a lot sleeker and more BlackBerry-ish to me. (New word)
Plus, AT&T has great service plans for BlackBerry users.01-23-08 11:54 AM
- I'm a huge fan of my 8130 pearl. I thought suretype would be the stupidest thing ever, but you grow used to it very quickly. The small size is great for just dropping in a pocket. It is actually smaller (in volume) than the flip phone I had previously. There are two times that I have really wished it was a curve or 8830.
1. My brother in law was trying to ssh into a server to do some sort of really trivial modification, and a qwerty keypad would have been huge. Suretype is good for typing WORDS. If you are entering strings of characters or an unfamiliar syntax, then it cannot predict.
2. web browsing. Sometimes i just wish the screen was a little bigger.
hope this helps some01-23-08 01:05 PM
- GarzRetired Modboth are great BB's. I started with the Pearl but switched out. I spend so much time on my BB everyday, I was getting headaches looking at the little screen. Just go to the store and play with them both to find out what works best for you.
Any BB is better than no BB!!01-23-08 01:12 PM
- agreed - either will be great. love my pearl. suretype is actually a good thing for me. i like the smaller size, too - fits easily into my pocket. so many great features, as i'm sure you are finding here in the forums.
i've heard verizon's data is the fastest, though i can't speak for this myself. i like verizon - they do have great coverage. i seem to be able to get data access from anywhere, including the barn (live in rural area), which is fantastic.
i don't think you'll be disappointed by any means, no matter what you decide. you're doing the right thing by asking and researching here. good luck!01-23-08 02:15 PM
- Haha, the only reason to concern yourself with data speed is if you tether to a laptop. It's just e-mail, 1kb per e-mail takes about ... no time at all to deliver no matter which network.
Definitely try both out before you commit. Personally, I like the bigger screen on the Curve because it gives you more room to read your e-mails and web pages. I write long-winded e-mails and write lots of notes while working on a customer's site. The smaller size of the Pearl fits people who really don't care quite as much about e-mail. Both are great for text messaging (SMS).
Finally, another option to consider is service. Which provider has a company store closest to you? If you ever have trouble, it helps to have a store conveniently close that can help you out.
Good luck with your choice, either way you'll be hooked on BlackBerry.
--Kidd01-23-08 02:25 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD