Am I supposed to see coordinates in this screen, if I have a GPS signal?

It's been displaying zeroes since day one like in this picture. Are there other ways to check whether the GPS receiver works?

09-04-08 09:17 AM
    Am I supposed to see coordinates in this screen, if I have a GPS signal?

It's been displaying zeroes since day one like in this picture. Are there other ways to check whether the GPS receiver works?

Do you have the $9.99 a month Telenav plan? If not, no. Your not connected to the satellites unless you pay for the access or if you blue-tooth to an external GPS which kind of makes it pointless because you'd just use it instead.
    09-04-08 10:34 AM
    Do you have the $9.99 a month Telenav plan? If not, no. Your not connected to the satellites unless you pay for the access or if you blue-tooth to an external GPS which kind of makes it pointless because you'd just use it instead.
    whoa not true! at&t doesn't disable gps like verizon does. All you need to do is go outside with a clear view of the sky and you'll connect to the satellites. If that doesn't do it, while in the gps screen hit menu refresh GPS. TeleNav is a turn by turn Navigation app. YOu're gps will work just fine without it try google maps.
    Last edited by pltaylor; 09-04-08 at 10:44 AM.
    09-04-08 10:42 AM
    whoa not true! at&t doesn't disable gps like verizon does. All you need to do is go outside with a clear view of the sky and you'll connect to the satellites. If that doesn't do it, while in the gps screen hit menu refresh GPS. TeleNav is a turn by turn Navigation app. YOu're gps will work just fine without it try google maps.
    Sorry, just woke up and didn't think about it long enough to understand situation. Maybe I'll wait till the PM and I've had a few Dr.Peppers from now on.
    09-04-08 11:04 AM
    thanks guys!

It works now! There just can't be the slightest form of an obstacle between the phone and the sky
    Last edited by Mark27; 09-04-08 at 07:05 PM.
    09-04-08 06:02 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD