I've got a Curve 8310. I'm still on 4.2.2.170... although I plan to upgrade to the 4.5.whatever release soon. AT&T is my provider. I administrate a BES server working with Exchange 2003, but I have a BIS plan on my Curve because it's my personal account and phone. I could have the company provide me a BB on BES, but I refuse to carry two devices.

Anyway.

I've got my Exchange account configured through BIS and it works, for the most part. The ten-minute lag between receiving an e-mail on my desktop and receiving it on my BB is becoming an issue because I'm one of an IT department of 2 people that supports world-wide offices. On BES, psh, sometimes I'd receive the e-mails on my BB before I'd get them on my desktop. I need quicker delivery of e-mails to my BB, especially during off hours (when our UK and Asian offices are working.)

So today I've installed the 7 day free demo of AstraSync. Has anyone else used it? Will it be a better solution for me than OWA over BIS? Is it reliable? I certainly like the fact I can configure it to check at 5 minute intervals during work hours, but use direct push during off hours.

Anyway, if you've used AstraSync, I'd sure like to hear about your experiences with it.

Thanks!
    Last edited by iamtim; 06-26-09 at 10:17 AM.
    06-26-09 10:14 AM
    Hello iamtim.

I use AstraSync and I am in LOVE with it!!!

Here is my story. The company for whom I work recently altered their employee phone plan and said they would be getting a BES. I along with a handful of people ran out immediately and got BB's. (I got the storm..which is AWESOME btw) and as fate would have it, a few days later my company opted to not go with a BES and support the use of the iPhone instead.

Several of us had been longtime supporters of BlackBerry and were crushed. We had used the desktop redirect but that meant leaving our pc's on all the time to receive email.

I researched, just as I am sure you did, and discovered AstraSync. This product has become a LIFESAVER.

It is easy to install, easy to register and best of all it is FAST!

I get email messages on my phone a good 40 seconds to a minute before it even shows up on the exchange. My calendar is sync'd, contacts, email. This product is hands down the best investment I have ever made.

While everyone is struggling with their iPhone, the few of us using the BlackBerry with AstraSync have no issues.

The small license fee which is a heck of a lot cheaper than similar products on the market is worth its weight in gold. I am telling everyone I know, within my company and without that AstraSync is the best.

Not to mention some of the best tech support forums with fast responses, continuous updates ensure you are always using the latest version of the software, easy to navigate interface that emulates the exchange server format and some of the best customer service I have ever experienced.

You could do a lot worse than AstraSync, but you can't do any better. They are the application by which all others will be judged.

Wow...I should do this for a living. LOL

Tony H
    ABC Financial Services
    Project Manager/Product Implementation
    Little Rock, AR
    Last edited by harri3601; 06-30-09 at 11:10 AM.
    06-30-09 11:07 AM

So today I've installed the 7 day free demo of AstraSync. Has anyone else used it? Will it be a better solution for me than OWA over BIS? Is it reliable? I certainly like the fact I can configure it to check at 5 minute intervals during work hours, but use direct push during off hours.

Anyway, if you've used AstraSync, I'd sure like to hear about your experiences with it.

Thanks!
    Astrasync works great for me. It is more reliable then OWA over BIS, I can get messages fast than my desktop (via Direct Push) or like you did can set different schedules, instead of wandering when will the message will be delivered.

The upcoming 3.1 will support folders as well and that is a huge plus. Also, you get to sync your Address Book and Calendar with your server, which OWA over BIS can't do.

I highly recommend Astrasync.
    06-30-09 01:41 PM
    Any downsides to Astrasync?
    05-19-10 01:52 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD