Well, I'm approaching that time when all of us BB users get slightly giddy... upgrade time. Though the forum probably still lists me as a newbie, I've been a daily lurker for quite some time, and I've become quite knowledgeable on all things blackberry in my time here.

Anyways, back on topic- I'm a Verizon customer, and I have no desire what-so-ever to switch my carrier. So, my upcoming options are the Storm, Niagra and 8930 Curve (pending those phones get released somewhat soon).

Its always easy to see what others need, but often times personal prejudices get in the way of us getting whats most practical.

Here's my user profile:
    Intensive email, text messaging and web browsing
    Moderate calendar and note usage
    I never sync anything with my pc, and use my bb almost as a stand alone computer when my laptop isnt near.

Use my BB 85% personal 15% business, BIS

(If someone can suggest some sync functions that might help me I'd love to hear the suggestions)

I'm hoping to hear from Storm users, those lucky few with 8900's, and Bold users. I want to know what would be my best bet for a device in everyone's opinion.
    01-27-09 12:26 AM
    Welcome newbie I'm kinda in the same boat as I too await the release of these new phones with vzw.
    01-27-09 12:29 AM
    Welcome to CrackBerry. Wish you luck on whatever you decide. I love the bold. I am on AT&T and just messing with that one at the store makes me giddy. I am glad AT&T offers it

Will Verizon offer both the Bold and the Storm? If not the choice for you might be easier but I am guessing they will since you are asking about them both?
    01-27-09 12:38 AM
    Verizon is slated to be releasing the Niagra (CDMA version of the bold) and curve 8930 (CDMA version of the curve 8900) sometime this year, and the rumblings around here point to a possible may release. I'm hoping users around here can help me get through this decision with the best device for me.

My sister has a storm that I've tinkered with a bit, and if I go that route I'm going to wait for the next official OS release and see the feedback on that. As for the bold or the curve 8900, I've never even seen either in person
    01-27-09 12:46 AM
    The Bold is great, my boss has one. The screen is very high resolution, maybe even higher than the Storm's.

You said you are a heavy texter, have you tried texting on your sister's Storm?
    01-27-09 12:48 AM
    Well I did some texting on the storm, and I feel I might miss a tactile keyboard on my phone when I'm typing an email or texting while (ahem) driving. (I in no way endorse this behavior, especially since it is QUITE illegal in this great state of New Jersey). I know that at least the last beta release for the storm features slightly enlarged keys on the touch screen keyboard, so i'm thinking that might help. Can anyone add some insight on the browsing experience on the bold or 8900 as compared to the storm?
    01-27-09 01:10 AM
    I don't know if you want to spend some cash now to get away from your 8830WE, but have you thought about buying a used Curve now and saving your upcoming upgrade for the Niagara/Javelin?

The keypad on the 8330 is easier to text on than the 8830WE's because the keys are spaced further apart.
    Last edited by dvdfan2k; 01-27-09 at 01:26 AM.
    01-27-09 01:14 AM
    Yeah, i've really grown to like the ridges on the 8830 keyboard, though (I assume you meant 8330). My only problem with picking up an 8330 is that it really won't differ much at all from my 8830WE on which i'm running OS 4.5
    01-27-09 01:25 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD