Wow gotta love the haters in this thread.
    03-07-10 12:48 AM
    WHO CARES?!?

Its a freaking hunk of chips, who cares whos "lovers" or "haters?" Why are people so obsessed with who likes or doesnt liek what they have. Get over yourselves its a hunk of wires its not your daughter, son, or wife theyre insulting. Do you get mad cause someone doesnt like your toaster?

My gosh get some perspective in life, its a tool not something near and dear to you.
    03-07-10 12:59 AM
    Yea its definitely a business phone first with the push email, but there still nice phones, better then the other junk thats out there.
    03-07-10 01:13 AM
    Just imagine: 2am, your wife is asleep, you have to go to bed, can�t turn on the tv and it is obvious you can�t go to bed with a laptop or a netbook on your hand to read something so you can get some sleep. Blackberry + Viigo + Browser = Is there a more perfect way to read some articles and the news from the palm of your hand without bothering the anaconda sleeping right next to you ??? Story of my life
    This is likely the best thing I have ever read on the internet. I have to thank you just for saying it.
    03-07-10 03:01 AM
    I use mine for a lot of stuff from GPS, taking pics of whatever and throwing it on facebook in the blink of an eye....to BBMing, texting, browsing the web on Bolt(which is as fast as my wife's browser on Andriod OS.), e-mailing and can't forget actually using it as a phone, which it does a fantastic job at. I love this phone!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-07-10 09:30 AM
    I love my BlackBerry. I have owned an iPhone 3GS, but I simply prefer my Bold 9700. The keyboard is better than a touchscreen. The BlackBerry is great for texting in general [text messages, AIM, BB Messenger, Email, etc]

The ONLY flaw that I see in the BlackBerry as of right now is the browser, but that is being worked on as everybody knows. If they can get a quality browser on BlackBerries, there's no doubt in my mind it will be the superior phone on the market for adults.

Adults meaning anybody out of high school
    03-07-10 10:58 AM
    For me, by business provided blackberry works for my business needs. Calendar, contacts, and email.

Everything else is trumped by the competition. The apps and internet experience just doesn't compare.

For personal use, I would not choose blackberry.
    03-07-10 10:59 AM
    For me, by business provided blackberry works for my business needs. Calendar, contacts, and email.

Everything else is trumped by the competition. The apps and internet experience just doesn't compare.

For personal use, I would not choose blackberry.
    unless you text a lot, iphone is **** to text on. atleast in my opinion
    03-07-10 11:17 AM
    I think what the OP means, and I 100% agree - is that browsing the internet on a regular basis and living and dying via your blackberry is pathetic. I have a BB - and a lot of apps. I use them when I need them - but I sure as **** wouldn't rely on my BB (or an iphone for that matter) for anything super important. People are forgetting what the main purpose of cell/smart phones SHOULD be - to be used in a pinch (super important work related email) or to make an emergency phone call. Otherwise...put the phone down and do something with yourself - you know - talk to PEOPLE, make friends, pry yourself away from the screen.

I laugh at how pathetic people are when they talk about how they can't live without their blackberry (or cell phone)...grow up and develop FACE TO FACE relationships
    And I don't understand why people think they have a right to judge the way I may spend my time?

I think that we can all agree that a BB addiction is better then many other addictions!
    03-07-10 02:44 PM
    I'm not talking about that. Besides, if people don't buy smartphones for the sole purpose of using the web then what's the point of having 3G?

Here's a quote from another topic:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f40/new...7/index10.html

So tell me why would anyone buy a 3G device if they don't plan to surf the web on it?

You your only reasoning for buying a Smart phone is for the "browse" end of things i would have to ask you why do you own a blackberry?

They the worst Smart Phone when it comes to browsing. If that statement wasn't true and they were "the bomb" why would there be so many [ Bolt v. Opera Mini ] threads out there? And they are constantly getting whooped on by every "Tech blog" out there and the Web-Kit wouldn't be needed.

But i will answer your question.

i bought my HSPA 9700 via T-Mobile, for this very reason i can tether my 9700 to my Asus NetBook for 100% free of charge (but you need a data plan).

and if i have time to wait on my slow *** browser on my phone i have time to fire up the old Netbook and get the full browsing experience.

And there are a ton of 3rd party applications that i use that do no require using the browser to work.
    Last edited by mjneid; 03-08-10 at 09:34 AM.
    03-08-10 07:16 AM
60 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD