I think it is prerequisite that you have to own and use Apple products to be employed by Cnet...... That would explain why there is always a reference to iproducts in every review they do!!!!!
    Think CNet is a tech site.... what is the best selling tech device right now???

You are going to find if very difficult to find a general tech site that isn't "always referencing iproduct". Face it Apple is King all hail the King

That said I don't think many of these reviewer have done much more that read what someone else has written weeks before OS2 was release. While I see why for many the FIRE or the iPad may be a better fit. The PlayBook now is a very powerful portable tablet that is capable of doing some very interesting things with Android Apps.
    02-23-12 03:24 PM
    I agree that the Pb is a better buy, especially with 2.0 (half a year later.) than the Kindle Fire if a PB is at the same price point, but priced in the 400's give or take, then I just don't see it.

Only thing my Fire don't have is a camera, which is fine as I would rather use my smaller phone that takes amazing pictures as well.

I can tether my Fire, use hotspots, check email, watch HD videos, listen to music, use gtalk and the like and has contacts as well. It multitasks just fine to boot. I also can sideload a bunch of Android apps and use different launchers. It really is a great device, but most here are one sided, because well it is a bb forum afterall.

Okay the KB is better on the PB, that is for sure.

For these things selling at 199, it really is an awesome price! Many people over on the Amazon forums love them!

Sent from my HTC_Amaze_4G using Tapatalk
    02-23-12 05:01 PM
    I agree that the Pb is a better buy, especially with 2.0 (half a year later.) than the Kindle Fire if a PB is at the same price point, but priced in the 400's give or take, then I just don't see it.

Only thing my Fire don't have is a camera, which is fine as I would rather use my smaller phone that takes amazing pictures as well.

I can tether my Fire, use hotspots, check email, watch HD videos, listen to music, use gtalk and the like and has contacts as well. It multitasks just fine to boot. I also can sideload a bunch of Android apps and use different launchers. It really is a great device, but most here are one sided, because well it is a bb forum afterall.

Okay the KB is better on the PB, that is for sure.

For these things selling at 199, it really is an awesome price! Many people over on the Amazon forums love them!

Sent from my HTC_Amaze_4G using Tapatalk

If you want to 'see multitasking' try the playbook. Almost all tablets can claim to 'multi-task' but one is simply better than the rest...you know which one

Also, do the other tablets have the level of PIM integration the playbook has...n
    02-23-12 07:28 PM
    The worst part of the article was when he said you could do more on the Kindle Fire. People need to stop praising that piece of crap. (no offense to Kindle Fire users)
    02-23-12 08:53 PM
    Any of you see the Article written by Roger Cheng on CNET? He mentions the playbook is not worth your money. I would like to see anywhere else that you can get the hardware features in the playbook for that low of a cost.....I think this guy needs to grab a clue, but each person is entitled to an opinion. He has always been a blackberry hater.

Sorry, PlayBook 2.0 still isn't worth your money | Mobile - CNET News
    The problem is that most journalists are very biased because they are Apple Fanbois like they are over at BGR. Blackberry does not stand a chance at getting an objective review.

You could take an ipad, put a Blackberry Playbook sticker on it, promote it as a second generation Playbook and these Apple Monkeys would call it inferior compared to the ipad.
    02-24-12 11:35 AM
30 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD