I felt really sad after I read this... Crackberry
    Where is Kevin? Havent heard from him for ages. He has moved to Iphone (Most probably)
    The headine itself is really disturbing

'Crackberry' days over as BlackBerry handset sales fall to just 8.5m | Technology | The Guardian
    03-29-15 07:19 AM
    “Care about what other people think and you will always be their prisoner.” – Lao Tzu

Do YOU like your phone?
    Do YOU enjoy using your phone?
    If you answered "yes" then that is all that matters.
    03-29-15 10:57 AM
    yeah....they have been saying this for years....what does it matter to me? I have a Z30 that I love....
    03-29-15 10:58 AM
    And let me add that people are talking about BlackBerry. If it weren't' worth talking about....then it would be obsolete.
    Chen has done a wonderful job with cost control and the fact there is positive growth, no matter how small, is an upwards trend.
    I may want my kid to get all "A"'s in school, but a "B" average and a happy child are really what is needed for them
    Last edited by RazzBerry; 03-31-15 at 08:05 AM.
    03-29-15 11:00 AM
    I felt really sad after I read this... Crackberry
    Where is Kevin? Havent heard from him for ages. He has moved to Iphone (Most probably)
    Where is Kevin? Who cares?
    This was never a "love thing" for Kevin as it is for us. Kevin saw an opportunity to make money when "CrackBerry's" were a "thing".
    Look at his interests sites, he is into iPhones, Windows phones, Androids. He doesn't "love" BB the way we do, he is wanting to make money and is a business man.
    03-29-15 11:04 AM
    �Care about what other people think and you will always be their prisoner.� � Lao Tzu

Do YOU like your phone?
    "Don't care about what other people think, and your user base will keep getting smaller" - Frank
    MikeX74, TGR1, JeepBB and 11 others like this.
    03-29-15 11:07 AM
    FrankIAM, I don't have a user base.
    I am a user of a BlackBerry.
    I was speaking to the OP on a personal level as I, nor he control BlackBerry or RIM.
    03-29-15 11:12 AM
    �Care about what other people think and you will always be their prisoner.� � Lao Tzu

Do YOU like your phone?
    This!

As long as you are happy with your choice of phone (I know I am!) that's all the matters, BlackBerry has been dead for years, or at least the media has been saying that. Every year it's always the same of "BlackBerry is dying and going bankrupt and won't last till the end of the year "

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy, RazzBerry and coloibarra like this.
    03-29-15 11:16 AM
    Userbase needs a couple "Normal" phones to grow again and carrier availability. Passport and Classic are great but not everyone's cup of tea. You need that new Q5/Q10 and Z10 /Z30 successor and people need to be able to get them on contracts.

Your average Joe walks into a carrier and walks out with a subsidized phone. If there are no Blackberrys on the shelf, they're not walking out of the store.

So of course it looks grim now, that's not to say things can't change. But you shouldn't mourn the patient in the ICU, that patient might recover.

Posted via CB10
    silversmith75 likes this.
    03-29-15 11:22 AM
    FrankIAM, I don't have a user base.
    I am a user of a BlackBerry.
    I was speaking to the OP on a personal level as I, nor he control BlackBerry or RIM.
    I know, I was speaking about how the same attitude slams the company. But I do agree on a personal level, that's why plenty leave
    03-29-15 11:35 AM
    Where is Kevin? Who cares?
    This was never a "love thing" for Kevin as it is for us. Kevin saw an opportunity to make money when "CrackBerry's" were a "thing".
    Look at his interests sites, he is into iPhones, Windows phones, Androids. He doesn't "love" BB the way we do, he is wanting to make money and is a business man.
    And there is nothing wrong with capitalizing on available opportunities when they're available to you. Not saying you were being negative just taking what you said a step further.

People use and like what works for them. For me, it's BlackBerry.
    Serkle K likes this.
    03-29-15 12:06 PM
    I'm tired of the bull coming from most folks over BlackBerry especially American journalists, but they will keep talking and BlackBerry will continue to prove them wrong. The next quarterly results will show that they need to get their heads out of their arses!

Posted via CB10
    03-29-15 12:28 PM
    Man I love my BlackBerry Z30! Literally can't live without it! But I'm tired of the haters. Ppl be like " you replied from a BlackBerry? Where are we in 2004?" :/

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by john_v; 03-29-15 at 01:37 PM.
    03-29-15 12:42 PM
    Quite simply, once a serious breach of Android or iPhones come out, Blackberry will see a demand again. Right now, hardware is break even or slightly profitable, which is where it needs to be as they wait. Software is the mantra right now, with phones in the wings as support for full BES service or just waiting for the demand for secure phones to rise. I also see Google eventually trading better Android and Play Store connectivity for BB10 phones in return for a Blackberry secure pairing with select Android phones.
    RazzBerry and BerryRipe like this.
    03-29-15 12:49 PM
    It is sad to think that the phones we have grown to love might not be around in the future. I think they will be, but it would be nice if BlackBerry were cranking out a 100 million phones a year and had a much more robust app situation.

For now, though, the bb10 system is the best for my needs and I am looking forward to purchasing the new slider when it comes.

Posted via CB10
    03-29-15 01:01 PM
    And there is nothing wrong with capitalizing on available opportunities when they're available to you. Not saying you were being negative just taking what you said a step further.

People use and like what works for them. For me, it's BlackBerry.
    Never said there was anything wrong. OP asked where Kevin was and I merely gave my thoughts
    03-29-15 01:11 PM
    I know, I was speaking about how the same attitude slams the company. But I do agree on a personal level, that's why plenty leave
    And FrankIAm, it is a real shame folks can't think for themselves and care what others say.
    As for me, I LOVE my Passport, best phone I have EVER owned and the only issues I see is what I will do when the day comes to retire it. THAT will be a sad day for me.
    03-29-15 01:13 PM
    Quite simply, once a serious breach of Android or iPhones come out, Blackberry will see a demand again. Right now, hardware is break even or slightly profitable, which is where it needs to be as they wait. Software is the mantra right now, with phones in the wings as support for full BES service or just waiting for the demand for secure phones to rise. I also see Google eventually trading better Android and Play Store connectivity for BB10 phones in return for a Blackberry secure pairing with select Android phones.
    C'mon man, it's puff puff pass. Not smoke the whole lot in one hit!

On a serious note, some of these serious breaches you're on about have already happened. iCloud was hacked a couple of weeks before the iPhone 6 and 6+ was released. Know what happened? They all flocked to BB10!

Maybe in a parellel universe. Apple sold almost as many iPhones in 48 hours as BlackBerry has sold BB10 phones in 2 years! Or another way. In one whole day a shop would have been open (12 hours) they sold the same amount as BB did in a whole quarter.
    03-29-15 01:29 PM
    Where were you when iCloud accounts were hacked and nude pictures of some of the most famous women in the world were leaked onto the web? You want a breach bigger than that? Did people flock to BlackBerry phones then? No. The thing to consider is that, despite that very public breach of trust, Apple sold nearly 75 million phones and had the largest quarterly profit of any company...ever. If that didn't push people to "more secure" phones, what would?
    03-29-15 01:32 PM
    It's a pretty melodramatic headline. Nothing more than click bait. Although there are a lot of hard facts in the piece.

Compared to the train wreck Thorsten Heins left him, John Chen has done a remarkable job getting things back on track.
    03-29-15 01:50 PM
    I really don't care what the buffoons write. I love my Z10 and wouldn't change for any other phone on this planet. Can't wait for the slider. BlackBerry ain't going anywhere soon OP. As long as they are making a profit they will continue to make hardware. End of story. Slider, being it on BlackBerry. That one will turn heads and appeal to many. Can't wait.

Posted via CB10
    03-29-15 01:56 PM
    I'm tired of the bull coming from most folks over BlackBerry especially American journalists, but they will keep talking and BlackBerry will continue to prove them wrong. The next quarterly results will show that they need to get their heads out of their arses!

Posted via CB10
    I am as in love with the Blackberry brand as much as the next guy. This "wait until next quarter" jive is wearing thin. For the past two years, BB 10 was supposed to change the world, it did not. The Passport was supposed to be the futuristic standard, it is not.

BlackBerry's mantra was "coming soon." Many of us are beginning to echo the same vibe.

Posted via CB10
    Eumaeus and gorilla16 like this.
    03-29-15 02:04 PM
    How many of you think BB will sale about 10 million smartphones in a year? Will that ever happen?
    03-29-15 02:12 PM
    I think the sad reality is that the days of BlackBerry as a handset maker are limited. Just this weekend I replaced my PlayBook with an inexpensive android tablet for health care related professional apps. The latest version of my go to app dropped playbook support with the last update (at least it still runs on the Z).

But the reality is that even with 10.3.1 android apps just don't work as well with the runtime as they do on a native android tablet. Even if they did the screen on the z30 is a limiting factor when compared to a full size tablet screen.

Finally, Redphone, Text Secure, and Silent Circle don't run on the runtime and losing BIS and having BES enterprise only isn't helping the security situation.

Blackberry may have turned the corner as a company but I have a really hard time seeing a path forward for the handset side.

I will use the Z30 till it dies and then retreat to my Krazr I guess.

Posted via CB10
    03-29-15 02:15 PM
    Speciality car manufacturers sell far less than the likes of GM etc. But their still profitable thus remain viable. As long as they are making money per unit we should be fine. Lord knows I don't want any other mobile device. Typing on my Samsung Tablet is utterly painful compared to BlackBerry OS and I have tried all the various keyboards. None compare. And the home buttons on Android and iOS are like so 2011 or older. If the lemmings would try just BlackBerry 10....Not to mention email.....
    Stupified likes this.
    03-29-15 02:19 PM
210 123 ...