12-23-08 04:43 PM
    Should, seems to have USB output, juse use a USB data cable to power it from the cradle to the phone.
    12-23-08 07:45 PM
    I did that but the bb. Duesnt recignize It is there a way to acsess it, maybe with drivers

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-23-08 07:57 PM
    Are we talking about a power source or a GPS source?

The BB is only capable of 2 types of GPS input; internal and bluetooth. How did you previously get GPS data?
    12-23-08 08:50 PM
    It is a powerd gps, my bb maps hardley ever works, and I had this for a ipaq pda so I thought I would give it a try

12-23-08 09:03 PM
    Does it transmit GPS data over bluetooth or via serial?
    12-23-08 10:21 PM
    It is over serial, when I used it on my ipaq I just plugged it in and I was up and running, let me ask another question if I may, could my bbmaps be spotty at best due to I am in extended network? I am starting to think that vzw gps is using cell triangulation in part. The reason I say that is if I am close to a tower I get 12 sat. When I start to drive away I loose all sat. I don't know it may just be a coincidence (spell check) but anyway by the sounds unless it is bluetooth it won't work right?

12-24-08 05:40 AM
    Verizon lock GPS functionality on their phones, so it may be that when you loose network the locking kicks in.

As for the serial connection, I doubt this would work without some custom cabling ie serial to USB of some kind into your phone, then I don't know any current apps that use USB serial to collect GPS data from, I'm guessing it's possible, but a $30 car socket GPS bluetooth receive might be much less headaches.
    12-24-08 07:17 AM
    I am sure you are right, I will most likely get the puck

12-24-08 10:18 AM
    12-24-08 07:46 PM
    It is over serial, when I used it on my ipaq I just plugged it in and I was up and running, let me ask another question if I may, could my bbmaps be spotty at best due to I am in extended network? I am starting to think that vzw gps is using cell triangulation in part. The reason I say that is if I am close to a tower I get 12 sat. When I start to drive away I loose all sat. I don't know it may just be a coincidence (spell check) but anyway by the sounds unless it is bluetooth it won't work right?
    I think I hit the same bug today, was out geocaching with a Storm/9500 and when ever there was no phone network the GPS also stopped working, and this can be easily replicated by turning off the radio.

Since the GSM phones should have GPS locked this has to be a BB bug.
    12-25-08 03:52 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD