Let the numbers speak for themselves.

Posted via CB10
    What numbers? Give us the real numbers of how many Android users have had their bank account drained. If it's higher than what I think it is I guarantee I will leave Android for good. I'm not stupid.

Everything I say is my OPINION and is based on my experiences and what I have learned. It is not meant to attack but to drive meaningful conversation. Let's all be civil!
    Witmen likes this.
    07-06-14 03:31 PM
    In this case yes, it's a major pot hole anyone turning a blind eye is being silly, Yes Texas should, seeing that it occurred last winter, see how well prepared they were?

Posted via CB10
    No they should not because it rarely happens. It would be a waste of time and money.

Everything I say is my OPINION and is based on my experiences and what I have learned. It is not meant to attack but to drive meaningful conversation. Let's all be civil!
    07-06-14 03:33 PM
    Evilguppy, I feel the exact same way. Thanks for a such a good write-up.
    07-06-14 03:39 PM
    What numbers? Give us the real numbers of how many Android users have had their bank account drained. If it's higher than what I think it is I guarantee I will leave Android for good. I'm not stupid.

There are numbers do some home work
    http://m.blogs.computerworld.com/mob...es-risk-being-

http://blog.credit.com/2013/08/scamm...ng-smartphone/

http://www.nbcnews.com/business/cons...ims-f1C8989252

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by crackbrry fan; 07-06-14 at 03:52 PM.
    lift and stabstabdie like this.
    07-06-14 03:42 PM
    No they should not because it rarely happens. It would be a waste of time and money.

Sure. Is that why the institutions constantly spend millions to secure and prevent issues? Good thinking on your part waste of time and money.

Posted via CB10
    lift likes this.
    07-06-14 03:44 PM
    So if I'm using a BB10 device not on BES then I have zero security issues to worry about?
    07-06-14 03:51 PM
    So if I'm using a BB10 device not on BES then I have zero security issues to worry about?
    No you still should take the necessary precautions. However risk are lower even without BES, the issue of Android running on BlackBerry is a case where the user needs to be fully aware.

Posted via CB10
    spikesolie likes this.
    07-06-14 03:54 PM
    No you still should take the necessary precautions. However risk are lower even without BES, the issue of Android running on BlackBerry is a case where the user needs to be fully aware.

Posted via CB10
    What are the necessary precautions?
    07-06-14 04:10 PM
    What are the necessary precautions?
    In particular downloads from certain sites, app permissions etc.

Posted via CB10
    07-06-14 04:11 PM
    In particular downloads from certain sites, app permissions etc.

Posted via CB10
    Right, which are the exact same precautions every android user should take. It's called common sense.
    Witmen and TgeekB like this.
    07-06-14 04:12 PM
    It's acted like in here if you own a BB then you are protected from any type of data theft in any situation. And if you aren't using BES how secure is your Blackberry anyway?
    There's app security, and then there's device/OS level security.

New iOS 7 lock screen flaw opens up iPhones, iPads in seconds | ZDNet
    Your Android phone may be telling strangers where you've been - The Times of India
    New iPhone lock screen flaw gives hackers full access to contact list data | ZDNet
    IPhone bug leaves emails vulnerable - May. 6, 2014
    Apple's goto fail needs a massive culture change to fix | ZDNet
    lift likes this.
    07-06-14 04:13 PM
    I'm not disputing any of that. I'm disputing the notion that if you own a BB you have no security issues to worry about. Everyone does and always will and it's a fact of life. You can choose to live in society and deal with it, or live in a bubble and preach about the dangers lurking around the corner. How many users have a gmail account, purchase things online, swipe their credit cards, have a Facebook account, etc. Pretending that if you own a BB you are "secure" is as nonsensical as it to say that because my house has locks on it no one is ever going to break into it and steal anything. If you don't use common sense then that's the users fault. If I give an ***** a non BES Blackberry and tell him to download any Android app he wants and he grants all the permissions he wants then he could potentially have a problem if he downloads shady apps from unknown sources. Blackberry nor anyone else can't stop that from happening of the user doesn't have common sense.
    07-06-14 04:32 PM
    I'm not disputing any of that. I'm disputing the notion that if you own a BB you have no security issues to worry about. Everyone does and always will and it's a fact of life. You can choose to live in society and deal with it, or live in a bubble and preach about the dangers lurking around the corner. How many users have a gmail account, purchase things online, swipe their credit cards, have a Facebook account, etc. Pretending that if you own a BB you are "secure" is as nonsensical as it to say that because my house has locks on it no one is ever going to break into it and steal anything. If you don't use common sense then that's the users fault. If I give an ***** a non BES Blackberry and tell him to download any Android app he wants and he grants all the permissions he wants then he could potentially have a problem if he downloads shady apps from unknown sources. Blackberry nor anyone else can't stop that from happening of the user doesn't have common sense.
    Agreed. Nobody is 100% secure. However, if your device runs BB10, IMHO, it is more secure than Android, and most likely iOS as well. And this is before any apps.
    spikesolie and lift like this.
    07-06-14 04:38 PM
    Lots of people claim security is the last thing they care for whenever a blackberry user talks about it. They mostly say: I have nothing to hide or be afraid about. Well here's argument: let's see when someone gets inside ur house and steal most of your belongings and tell us then: well I have had nothing to hide!!
    That’s some odd statement. I care about security and my privacy, but there is no system that could completely satisfy me, not even BlackBerry 10. Instead, I settle for an acceptable level of security that is equally met by iOS and Android. If you adhere to basic security practices and use your common sense, your device is reasonably secure. If there is a security vulnerability, which can happen on every system, then you should take necessary precautions to stay safe and keep yourself informed. For instance, the lock-screen vulnerabilities on iOS can always be prevented if certain features or lock-screen access are turned off. There is then at least the benefit that such vulnerabilities are widely reported, making it less likely to miss them. Likewise, BlackBerry 10 had some issues with Adobe Flash, OpenSSL/Heartbleed and even BlackBerry Protect. There you need to inform yourself more carefully to become aware of this.

I am of the opinion that BlackBerry 10, without enterprise security, isn’t significantly more secure than any other system. It’s certainly no reason for me to buy a BlackBerry device. Vulnerabilities exist and frauds are as common on BlackBerry as they are elsewhere.
    07-06-14 04:58 PM
    Wow this thread starts with an awful analogy and then is followed up with fear mongering.

People do care about security, it's just not the number one priority on every consumers list. They would rather have everything else and settle with adequate security. It's a really simple concept. It seems like most users are getting hacked because of the companies service they were using has a vulnerability, not because someone hacked directly into their iOS or Android device to steal their credit card information.

I really doubt both Apple and Google would sit around just watching and hearing stories about their users being selectively targeted by device. There is usually more to it.
    anon8656116 likes this.
    07-06-14 05:01 PM
    Lots of people claim security is the last thing they care for whenever a blackberry user talks about it. They mostly say: I have nothing to hide or be afraid about. Well here's argument: let's see when someone gets inside ur house and steal most of your belongings and tell us then: well I have had nothing to hide!!