Every time I try to buy from Appworld I get an error "There is a problem with your credit card authorization. Please try again or visit blackberry.com/appworld/support for more information. (Error Id: 10000)."

This happens whether I'm buying through my phone or Playbook. I tried a different card - same issue. The Playbook support rep said I should enter my credit card info on my desktop rather that my Playbook - didn't help. They suggested the issue was the address I entered was different than that on my statement so I changed in (I'm in Canada and I'd left the space out of the middle of the postal code) - didn't help. They suggested I set up a PayPal account - I refused. Appworld is supposed to accept credit cards and I want it to work as promised. In any case, after researching this on the net, it's a problem with Paypal payments as well, and RIM has been aware of it for months (see KB24454-"There is a problem with your credit card authorization. Please try again or visit blackberry.com/appworld/support for more information. (Error ID: 10000)" appears when an attempt is made to purchase an application in BlackBerry App World).

I called my credit card company as per the KB article to verify there was no problem with my card and there isn't. It turns out they've been approving transactions and Appworld has been reversing them! But not always - of my multiple attempts today to buy Dead Space as a test, two transactions haven't been reversed even though I haven't been able to download the app once. So I've tried to buy it multiple times, been allowed to pay for it twice, and not been allowed to download it at all.

1) Does anyone know of a fix?
    2) If anyone reading this works for RIM, please kick this up the line as far and fast as you can. No wonder people return newly purchased Playbooks if they can't even buy any apps for them!

This has been a known problem for 1 1/2 months and still no fix in sight. Stupid RIM.

Support rep said it's a known issue still with no resolution time frame. Stupid, stupid stupid stupid RIM.

- R.
    12-04-11 07:50 PM
    Looks like I may have a fix - I changed payment method to PayPal and assigned a different credit card to PayPal.

Did it work? Yes.

Is it a joke? Yes.

Will this turn off new users? Yes.

Am I starting to feel stupid for trying to champion RIM? You bet.

- Rob.
    12-04-11 08:14 PM
    i havent had any issues with it... maybe you could make a new bbid and try it...
    12-04-11 08:17 PM
    I don't do the PayPal thing either. Haven't had any issues at all with cc payments and App World.
    12-04-11 08:28 PM
    Hey Rooster99. The problem stems with the transaction service, Digital River. You can try to resolve it through them using your customer service or the other option that seems to work is to open a new Paypal account, which worked for me. The problem has been ongoing for as long as App World has been around.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-05-11 10:19 AM
    Hey Rooster99. The problem stems with the transaction service, Digital River. ... The problem has been ongoing for as long as App World has been around.

So why does RIM allow it to continue?

- R.
    12-05-11 10:41 AM
    Don't know...

12-05-11 11:07 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD