So I hate to ***** at BlackBerry. But in BlackBerry world I try to down load some apps but not all and I don't want to point fingers, but they say there free but then when you download then and open them up you get like one free ring tone or something and want money. To me that is not free free means free so BlackBerry world should change that and say "semi-free" and stop wasting my time downloading sh*t, I don't want to pay for. Am I right or what, please post so they can change this. From a all time BlackBerry user.....

Posted via CB10
    11-22-14 12:24 AM
    Sounds to me you're downloading junk apps vs. the apps being marked incorrectly. Can't say I've ever had a reputable app pull that stuff on me.
    11-22-14 01:20 AM
    Do these items say "This application contains items for sale" in the description"?

Can you post a link or screen shot with an example of what you speak of?

Posted via CB10
    11-22-14 02:01 AM
    The "Freemium" concept...

Download for free, test basic features - pay, if you want / need more...

In-app purchases or upgrade to Pro/Premium. Not uncommon. Becoming a popular model among devs... :-)

? ? ? Qchen ? ? ?
    11-22-14 06:30 AM
    Interesting that Apple have stopped calling these apps free over the last few days. There's been pressure on them about children racking up huge bills on freemium games. What's different there is that Apple have done it globally, not just in Europe where regulation threatened it.

BlackBerry will probably have to follow suit.

Posted via CB10
    11-22-14 06:38 AM
    I bought an iPad air after the iPad air 2 came out as the price dropped like a rock. She is a teacher and wanted one for a long time for teacher apps and apps for the boys. She kept getting upset because she kept downloading apps for the boys that really weren't free
    So she gives it to me and says see if you can find free apps. I change the search to free from all thinking I was so smart, and guess what. I downloaded a"free" app that does give you one song from each area for free, but if you want the other 13 songs in that section you have to pay for them. Kind of sucks.

Posted via CB10
    11-22-14 08:03 PM
    So I hate to ***** at BlackBerry. But in BlackBerry world I try to down load some apps but not all and I don't want to point fingers, but they say there free but then when you download then and open them up you get like one free ring tone or something and want money. To me that is not free free means free so BlackBerry world should change that and say "semi-free" and stop wasting my time downloading sh*t, I don't want to pay for. Am I right or what, please post so they can change this. From a all time BlackBerry user.....

Posted via CB10
    Don't download CrApps. You need quality apps.

Posted via CB10
    11-22-14 08:19 PM
    It's the same in the Apple app store and Google play store. I recently was beta testing a Note 4 and downloaded a free Craigslist Pro app.

Every time I opened the app, a dialog box would pop up, asking me to upgrade to the paid version for more features. Bottom line is developers don't work for free, good apps cost allot of money to make and somebody has to pay for that!!!

Sent from my lovely passport on T Mobile USA
    Last edited by bakron1; 11-23-14 at 05:03 AM.
    11-23-14 03:59 AM
    Any of those "app for" crapps need to be avoided. Some web links are priced at $2! Lol

Just read the reviews before you buy it OR google them, OR just use the website (if they have a mobile site it's even better), the desktop site works fine on the bb10 browser and it's steller.

Who needs an app if the website is fully functioning to begin with.

Sent from my BlackBerry Bold 9900 using Tapatalk
    11-23-14 04:34 AM
    Any of those "app for" crapps need to be avoided. Some web links are priced at $2! Lol

Just read the reviews before you buy it OR google them, OR just use the website (if they have a mobile site it's even better), the desktop site works fine on the bb10 browser and it's steller.

Who needs an app if the website is fully functioning to begin with.

Sent from my BlackBerry Bold 9900 using Tapatalk
    The 'app for' crapps have been renamed 'help for' or 'news for'. They all have a five star review from one of the same 3 users (probably the same person with different ID's), and they all cost $1.99. They're not the 'free' apps the OP is talking about.

OP, you will not find a truly free ringtone app with unlimited free ringtones, nor should you. Someone had to put those tones together, so they'll let you download one or two or three, but then you'll have to pay for the rest. Truly free apps are only from big companies that want to make it easier for you to use their services, such as stores, banks, radio stations, online services that benefit from having as many users as possible. Three years ago there were more free apps because more developers wanted the experience of creating apps. They're past that now, and now we're entering the 'buyer beware' stage.

Posted via CB10 from my awesome Passport
    11-23-14 06:49 AM