Well that sucks

Posted via CB10
    09-19-14 10:33 AM
    yes . u r right app like "SAY IT" also removed from BBW.
    thatplaybookguy likes this.
    09-19-14 10:38 AM
    We all knew this was gonna happen with the amazon deal.

Posted via CB10
    09-19-14 12:46 PM
    The reason apps is pulled is not revolt but to remove the responsibility of updating the apps. If the apps will no longer be update then it should be pulled out especially services apps.

Gonna see how things work in this half year. If things didn't improve then bye bye BlackBerry World and hello Google Store.

Symbian is still and always my favourite Os. Nokia 808. FilePLAY Music Player
    I just thought about it from my perspective. It would be just like me to do something like that out of spite lol.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    09-19-14 12:54 PM
    I could care less where my apps come from. Whether BBW, amazon, 1 mobile .....an app is an app. with 10.3 apps run better on BlackBerry devices than the vast majority of Android devices.

Posted via CB10
    Banco and Anthony_2u like this.
    09-19-14 02:00 PM
    Searching the web version of BBW without logging in I see that the CBC HNIC app is still there:

CBC Hockey - BlackBerry World

The BB10 version of Game Centre is no longer listed on the NHL's website. Glad I have it installed.

NHL Hockey Games Live Online - NHL GameCenter LIVE™

I can't find any of the other apps the OP mentioned. This is bad news indeed, but it was bound to happen with or without the Amazon deal. BB10 needs to gain market share otherwise we will continue to see more of this.
    09-19-14 02:04 PM
    I don't know what your taking about? All my apps work including nhl game center. Not only that but I had 4 updates to day. So. Sounds more like you are trying to cause a panic

Posted via CB10
    09-19-14 07:29 PM
    It seems BlackBerry is reserving BlackBerry World for productivity apps and leaving it up to Amazon to fill the gaming/social/etc. void. O_o
    Apps being pulled the silent epidemic on BBW.-img_20140919_213017.png

Posted via CB10
    09-19-14 08:33 PM
    I just installed game center on my z30
    Apps being pulled the silent epidemic on BBW.-img_20140919_222528.png

Posted via CB10
    09-19-14 09:27 PM
    Maybe it's just changes for the coming OS? Sometimes thing disappear before they update bbworld etc.
    09-19-14 09:33 PM
    So 4 apps have been removed from BB World and now the sky is falling. Get a grip people!
    Banco likes this.
    09-19-14 09:37 PM
    So 4 apps have been removed from BB World and now the sky is falling. Get a grip people!
    You want them all out at once? Lol

Posted via CB10
    09-19-14 10:34 PM
    If BB had sat down and waited for app devs to jump on board well let's say it would have been tumbleweed blowing across the square at high noon...the runtime at least gave them a bit of a fighting chance...well the Amazon store did but you get the point
    09-20-14 12:08 AM
    If BB had sat down and waited for app devs to jump on board well let's say it would have been tumbleweed blowing across the square at high noon...the runtime at least gave them a bit of a fighting chance...well the Amazon store did but you get the point
    Yeah, plus I'm pretty sure most of CB would have hung up their BlackBerry hat a lonnng time ago if it wasn't for the android runtime capability. Even during the "best of times", BB10 app support was nonexistent.

Posted via CB10
    09-20-14 12:15 AM
    I just loaded the NHL app too. Several times in fact in the past week
    I'm wondering whether it now has a regional restriction.
    09-20-14 12:20 AM
    Vivino was pulled a while back as well
    09-20-14 12:30 AM
    You could try tweeting the companies.

Posted via CB10
    09-20-14 03:04 AM
    Add SAYIT to that list, I updated my z10 and it is gone from the store. I paid for the app and its availability and if I don't see it back in there by Monday. I will be consulting legal advice. Im sorry but if I PAY FOR SOMETHING, I expect to be able to use it. I am seriously pissed off by this.
    09-20-14 07:22 AM
    So for the apps that are being pulled, are they all Android ports or are some native also?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Anthony_2u likes this.
    09-20-14 07:27 AM
    I could care less where my apps come from. Whether BBW, amazon, 1 mobile .....an app is an app. with 10.3 apps run better on BlackBerry devices than the vast majority of Android devices.

Posted via CB10
    I do care. It's not just about "running better".
    Native apps usually follow the same design rules as almost every other app/function/screen on BB10.
    Android apps usually don't, which makes handling & using the app not as easy and not as intuitive as a native app.
    The easier and the more intuitive an app is, the more "productive" the user will be.
    TgeekB likes this.
    09-20-14 08:22 AM
    I do care. It's not just about "running better".
    Native apps usually follow the same design rules as almost every other app/function/screen on BB10.
    Android apps usually don't, which makes handling & using the app not as easy and not as intuitive as a native app.
    The easier and the more intuitive an app is, the more "productive" the user will be.
    As a test, I loaded the Amazon app store on my Q10, in an answer to someone's question. I loaded those apps that I do use routinely. Not a *single* app worked well enough to be classified as "better" than on a three year old SGIII. None.
    In addition, I could not find Bank of America nor BB&T nor my credit union.
    The only one that worked tolerably well was Instagram, which was rather redundant since I use iGrann, which is a Built for BlackBerry app and which I was more than happy to load on my BlackBerry. That app worked much much better than the Instagram I got from the Amazon app store.
    So...no....in my experience on my Q10 on the latest 10.2.1 official from AT&T that I loaded two weeks ago, none of the Amazon apps ran better than a three (or four?) year old SGIII. NOT.ONE.
    09-20-14 10:09 AM
    I have about 5 ish apps and games on my Z30 from snap that supplement the ones I got from BlackBerry App World and I don't have an android to say weather it works better or not, but they all work fine run well and do what they are supposed to do.

I agree with one of the posters that I don't care where it comes from as long is it works and does what it's supposed to do.

Posted via CB10
    09-20-14 10:13 AM
    So then there are users (like myself) who wish to have apps that follow standardized rules for UI design for a certain platform, in order to not having to think nor to re-learn how to operate them, and others, who don't think this is important.
    Both is fine. For BB's sake, I just hope that there are enough users of the latter out there.
    09-20-14 10:33 AM
    Me too. I paid for typic+ and sayit, and they are missing in action. I can't even search for it.

Posted via CB10
    09-20-14 10:44 AM
    I just loaded the NHL app too. Several times in fact in the past week
    I'm wondering whether it now has a regional restriction.
    This is what I got:

Apps being pulled the silent epidemic on BBW.-img_20140920_115512.png

Q10 by way of t&at
    09-20-14 10:57 AM
119 1234 ...