I have just seen this artical which kinda confirms to me why I really like the level of caution which BlackBerry goes to before apps are deemed to be ok. Loads of unchecked apps = loads of security leaks. And it seems info collected by stealth.
    Privacy risk from ads in apps rising: security firm - Yahoo! News UK
    07-09-12 04:39 PM
    And yet a lot of people don't want to pay for apps. Less chance of that crap I think.
    07-09-12 04:45 PM
    Just wish AppWorld could be screened of all the Junk. Has got to be a better way to sort and search with some kind of weighing for # of download or the # of reviews.

But I agree, I'd rather pay for an app (few buck) than have advertising banners accessing who know which add servers.
    daveycrocket likes this.
    07-09-12 04:52 PM
    The amount of ads in android apps and games is bad. VERY bad. As much as i love Blood and glory. I hate being bombarded with f***ing ads left and right. I would rather pay 4$ for the game and not have to micro pay for the good stuff in game and not deal with ads that I will never click on. I understand that devs have to make money some way, but damnit, give me the option to pay once and get it all. Leave the ad riddled version for the cheap asses.
    daveycrocket likes this.
    07-09-12 05:04 PM
    With only 90,000 apps in App World, the challenges might night be as great as other platforms. If BB10 takes off and app approval request start flooding in, they may find themselves a little hard pressed with quality assessments of new app approvals.
    07-09-12 05:08 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD