How do I customize what is in my application switcher list? I just set the lower left button on my curve to application switcher since I kept hitting it by mistake and it was initially set to voice dialing which got annoying. However, I don't like what is showing up in my application switcher.

Thanks!
    08-02-08 11:32 AM
    You misunderstand what the application switcher is if you are asking this. Application switcher allows you to switch between applications you already have open. Not apps that you want to open.
    08-02-08 11:43 AM
    Application switcher is a handy took for quickly accessing different applications.

The core applications, Phone, Messenger and a couple others are always there for quick access.

If you want to add additional applications, use the End Call button to keep them active in memory.

BlackBerrys operating system is quite sophisticated, it does support multiple threads and multi-tasking.

There have been concerns expressed about the impact of free memory when leaving applications active. Some may continue to receive data and gradualy consume remaining memory.

Others, like Contacts, Memo Pad, Media Play and Camera do not impact memory.
    08-02-08 11:55 AM
    Thanks for the info. Still new, so I didn't realize that contacts, memo pad, media player, and camera do not impact the memory.
    08-02-08 01:42 PM
    Well to elaborate, it does alter free memory when you leave these active, but it doesn't increase. If you leave memo pad open in mid compose and hit the red key, it will still consume a minute amount of memory, same with contacts and tasks. Its text only so it may not even be noticeable. Media player I have not tested but it would also be a small amount since its nothing but icons. Switching between apps does have an effect on memory however.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-02-08 01:47 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD