Help!

Desktop Manager v.4.5.0.15 - Sprint 8830 os 4.2.2.176

I can synchronize fine with DM, but when I try and run the application loader, it stalls out from "add/remove applications" at the end of the screen with the "searching for available device software"

The only thing I've done recently was attempt (unsuccessfully) to add the Caller ID software iCall Manager Ex. It wasn't working properly, so I removed it from the Options / Advanced screen, rebooted, and this is what happened when I tried to go back and reinstall it.

I've reinstalled DM 4.5 and done a battery pull, all with no effect. Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks,

Matt
    07-09-08 01:36 PM
    That message means it is looking for installed software, usually that only takes a few moments.

The specific software is your device Operating System, you have to down load that directly from BlackBerry.

Once it is installed, Applications Loader will find it and continue.
    07-09-08 02:29 PM
    Thanks for the reply. So, somehow the iCall Manager Ex program uninstall routine removed a critical part of my BB OS? And to correct this, I have to download the BB 8830 Sprint 4.2.2.176 OS from BB and reinstall it?

Just out of curiosity, will this force me to reinstall all of the apps I have on the device to get back to where I am now? I need to jot down my settings and such if that's the case.

Thanks again,

Matt
    07-09-08 06:15 PM
    The third party app had nothing to do with it, just a normal part of the software package.

Use the links through your carrier to Blackberrys download site. You should get the original OS that it shipped with.

Applications loader will manage all the software, writing back to the device a custom selected OS.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-09-08 06:22 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD