The device is not even out yet, wow! So many things wrong here, I am really upset. The Passport didn't even made the cut.
    Samsung have been making wearables for ages, they actually forced and made IPhone 6 possible, as I understand...it was never Apple intention to ever make bigger phones, they have Ipads for that!

BlackBerry Passport is extremity fresh and innovative but it seems it is not recognised here.

Apple Watch, Surface Pro 3 and Blackphone make Time's Top 25 new inventions of 2014

Posted via CB10
    11-23-14 10:25 AM
    Is the Passport really a new invention? I mean it's a phablet, right? Or a smartphone? Does it really belong on a list with things like the Surface Pro and a wearable?
    Velocitymj likes this.
    11-23-14 10:28 AM
    Ah, don't worry about it. It's Time magazine. The only people getting their tech news from this source are the geriatric crowd. Honestly, I thought they went out of business a few years ago.

Posted via CB10
    sentimentGX4 and m1a1mg like this.
    11-23-14 10:31 AM
    Is the Passport really a new invention? I mean it's a phablet, right? Or a smartphone? Does it really belong on a list with things like the Surface Pro and a wearable?
    I think it is. I different form, than ever before.

Posted via CB10
    wincyUt likes this.
    11-23-14 10:34 AM
    Lol yes because the Apple watch is a "new" invention. Maybe in Apple land like NFC.

Posted via CB10
    RWB3325 likes this.
    11-23-14 10:35 AM
    Why some of you are so obsessed with Apple in here is mind boggling. If anything you should be upset that the Blackphone is on there, not a watch that has zero to do with anything Blackberry.
    11-23-14 10:54 AM

Posted via CB10
    Thats what im thinking too. Its a new trend tbh.

Posted using my awesome Z10STL100-2. 22. PHL.
    11-23-14 10:57 AM
    Here's the link
    http://time.com/3594971/the-25-best-inventions-of-2014/

One thing,

They are using the word "inventions " very loosely.

And yes by their standards the passport should be there.

? Z10
    BeautyEh likes this.
    11-23-14 11:11 AM
    I agree with you don't think the passport is a new invention Jaydee but i dont think the apple watch is that amazing either.

Posted via CB10
    11-23-14 11:18 AM
    Personally I don't think of the iWatch as anything new, smart watches and wearable stuff has been out for a while now. Just so happens that Apple finally came up with one so it's big news.

I am a Apple person when it comes to the PC side I use iMac 27" units for my business and Blackberry for my smartphone. The one thing Apple should be focusing on is fixing the bugs in the new Yosemite OS they just released.

My Microsoft Office for Mac crashes all the time, time machine backup crashes and I know of several clients and friends who are not happy with Apple at the moment. Me included.

Sent from my lovely passport on T Mobile USA
    11-23-14 11:24 AM
    It's made by Apple. No matter what it will be advertised as the best thing ever and a Must Have.

LMAO @ the Blackphone Super Secure Android that got hacked in 5 minutes at a security conference.
    11-23-14 11:30 AM
    I just want BlackBerry to bring back that scroll wheel for a Passport sized device.. of course when I say that I don't mean old plasticki wheel but a textured metal Audi-like wheel.. that could flip through apps back and forth without minimizing them..
    I mean Apple watch's biggest innovation really is the wheel.. which BlackBerry had many many years ago..
    What I really want do have is minimal touch screen utilization but still speedy navigation through out the OS..
    Just my 2 cents..

Posted via CB10
    mister2d likes this.
    11-23-14 11:40 AM
    I think we should send them a dictionary with the definition of invention highlighted. Lol

Posted via CB10
    11-23-14 11:42 AM
    Why some of you are so obsessed with Apple in here is mind boggling. If anything you should be upset that the Blackphone is on there, not a watch that has zero to do with anything Blackberry.
    Agreed. The iWatch makes the cut and I'm fine with that but the blackphone? It's just a rebaked android phone with a subscription based voice encryption.

Posted via CB10
    11-23-14 11:49 AM
    I definitely believe the capacitive touch keyboard on the Passport belongs on any list of tech innovations, or inventions of 2014.
    11-23-14 11:51 AM
    Personally I don't think of the iWatch as anything new, smart watches and wearable stuff has been out for a while now. Just so happens that Apple finally came up with one so it's big news.

I am a Apple person when it comes to the PC side I use iMac 27" units for my business and Blackberry for my smartphone. The one thing Apple should be focusing on is fixing the bugs in the new Yosemite OS they just released.

My Microsoft Office for Mac crashes all the time, time machine backup crashes and I know of several clients and friends who are not happy with Apple at the moment. Me included.

Let me see if I get this. You're mad at Apple because since upgrading to Yosemite, your Microsoft Office for Mac applications crash? You do realize that the public beta was made available in May and big developers like Microsoft had access much earlier right? Did you ever consider that it is Microsoft's job to ensure compatibility with Yosemite and not Apple's? Call Microsoft Office support. Are you running some older version like Office for Mac 2008? Microsoft wants everyone on an Office 365 subscription though, and I can tell ya the latest versions run flawlessly on Yosemite 10.10.1. Whatever the case, Microsoft publishes and supports Office, so your beef with those Apps is with them, not Apple.

As for Time machine, follow this article from Apple's support Page:
    Time Machine: Troubleshooting backup issues - Apple Support
    If you are still having trouble, call Apple just like the article says at the end.

If those are your biggest complaints about a brand new OS, I'd say Yosemite is doing pretty darn good.
    JoSanq likes this.
    11-23-14 11:55 AM
    Let me see if I get this. You're mad at Apple because since upgrading to Yosemite, your Microsoft Office for Mac applications crash? You do realize that the public beta was made available in May and big developers like Microsoft had access much earlier right? Did you ever consider that it is Microsoft's job to ensure compatibility with Yosemite and not Apple's? Call Microsoft Office support. Are you running some older version like Office for Mac 2008? Microsoft wants everyone on an Office 365 subscription though, and I can tell ya the latest versions run flawlessly on Yosemite 10.10.1. Whatever the case, Microsoft publishes and supports Office, so your beef with those Apps is with them, not Apple.

As for Time machine, follow this article from Apple's support Page:
    Time Machine: Troubleshooting backup issues - Apple Support
    If you are still having trouble, call Apple just like the article says at the end.

If those are your biggest complaints about a brand new OS, I'd say Yosemite is doing pretty darn good.
    No, I have the latest updated versions of office and you must be reading the wrong Apple forums about Yosemite??? Time machine which is Apple's built in backup function is having serious problems recognizing external drives, I haven't been able to do any sort of backup since I updated all of my machines, but I guess maybe Apple can let that slide before releasing a major OS update and leave us all hanging in the breeze??????

I am huge fan of Apple PC's and have converted my company over entirely back in 2009 and have spent a small fortune doing it, but I am not happy with the current Yosemite bug issues, it was a lot smoother with Snow Leopard and Mavericks.
    11-23-14 12:18 PM
    What?

If you have I seriously should mention for you to return it for a full refund.

The hybrid keyboard alone IS an invention, and they have the patent for it!

Type font, clarity of the screen maybe not, a phablet it isn't since it has a physical keyboard. It's a new type of device entirely despite its resemblance to the LG Vu/Vu2/Vu3.

Apple Watch, are you kidding me? The fact that Sony Ericsson are the true innovators and originators in this space being the first to publicly sell smart watches for over 6yrs now, yes 6yrs! I'd quite be ready to say they're the innovators in this space! They've also been the first to have an SDK for Smart watches.

BlackBerry - Accept no substitute. Period!
    mister2d likes this.
    11-23-14 12:27 PM
    if blackberry is so much conscious about the things they have, it shouldnt be like the way things are at the moment...
    even if u ask many ppl here they will say tool belt and keyboards are things of the past... they dont seems to understand that still for a desktop computer physical keyboard can never be replaced by touch....but in their eyes its old tech....

apple has touch id... remember we have a trackpad which also clicks and do other function rather than apple button press??? but what happened?? we just want to be forward thinking and its thing of past.. isint it???
    well its all because of lack of vision and product improvement from management... cant we had a touch id before apple inside trackpad and do authentication from there rather than doing picture pwd....//??? but wait... tool belt is old tech.... forget about the ring in apple iwatch...

keep chasing things bb... unless u dont have confidence in ur products and offering nothing can hold u tight, its a tough world... thou m very optimistic about john chen atm.. lets see
    11-23-14 12:40 PM

Regarding office... kill off the cache! For the past 3 OSX versions it's never crashed on me.

I agree they need to be focusing on the desktop more considering 10% global market now on the PC side, but you know 60-70% of their global revenue relies on their mobile OS so their gonna give that first class citizenship.

BlackBerry - Accept no substitute. Period!
    11-23-14 12:42 PM
    true that... yosemite seems to work more better.. agreed.... still there are many things which still hold me with apple pc too....
    11-23-14 12:43 PM

LMAO @ the Blackphone Super Secure Android that got hacked in 5 minutes at a security conference.
    instead of cherry picking an article to re enforce your belief try to read it in full, you might actually learn that it was not hacked at all. Yes it is the most secure phone after the Boeing phone.
    11-23-14 02:11 PM
    Square is nothing new but it's new since the last palm phone's or not because we had the bold and the curve also, o dear also some windows phone. But square could be new because EIZO has (end of this year) a new monitor with 1:1 ratio with 1920x1920 26 inch display.

But is apple Watch something new. the answer is simple NO, Is it differented than other smartphone or smart gadgets and the answer is still NO, So how the hell does it get on the first place. I think advertising is the way only one smart company can do. I never believe that one newspaper or magazine who is serious about tech could ever choose a smartwatch as new invention. So there you have it , the truth is out there ,somewhere O and was BlackBerry not involved with the pebble smartwatch.. aaah now I ruined it for these Apple boys. Congratulations with nothing.
    11-23-14 03:02 PM
    instead of cherry picking an article to re enforce your belief try to read it in full, you might actually learn that it was not hacked at all. Yes it is the most secure phone after the Boeing phone.
    I have read MANY articles about many phones. I am not a BB fanboy, although I use them. I am an EE major involved in all things tech, especially computers, and read tech sites and forums every day.

Three vulnerabilities were found in one session, two being publicized and one being serious enough that they agreed to NOT share it.

Yes, so secure.
    11-23-14 04:07 PM

Posted via CB10
    Let's say I with Lewis Hamilton:

"... I am also impressed by the screen resolution and the size of it, it feels like I have a small laptop in your hands, but one that is really mobile. "

It's the first of its kind,
    not really a phone anymore.
    Specs-wise, it beats an older laptop (anything that's still useful) in any respect.

? ? ? Zzzzmoqin'.... ? ? ?
    11-23-14 04:41 PM
52 123