Apple displaced BlackBerry-maker RIM as the best-selling smartphone maker in the UK in 2011, according to figures from the research company Gartner.

The data flatly contradict RIM's claims earlier in February that it had secured the top spot, and will increase pressure on the company in a territory where it had been dominant.

According to Gartner's analysis, Apple and Samsung both outsold RIM during both the fourth quarter of the year and � because of their strengths during the Christmas period � for the entire year.

For the rest of this hopelessly anti-BB biased article go to m.guardian.co.uk

Typical ignorant American media trash, bribed by Apple to.... What?! The Guardian is British?!? Oh, nevermind...
    vrs626 likes this.
    02-16-12 08:25 AM
    The Guardian, the phone hackers if I recall correctly...

This is probably 'band-wagon' pr...

I think around that time the British guy that led design for Apple's winning products was knighted by the Queen...and didn't the Queen recently start using the iPhone

I can imagine people in Britain are being hammered with 30+ iPhone tv commercials every day
    Dapper37 likes this.
    02-16-12 08:41 AM
    The Guardian, the phone hackers if I recall correctly...

This is probably 'band-wagon' pr...

I think around that time the British guy that led design for Apple's winning products was knighted by the Queen...and didn't the Queen recently start using the iPhone

I can imagine people in Britain are being hammered with 30+ iPhone tv commercials every day
    You're thinking of the News of the World. The Guardian is one of the worlds most respected newspapers. It was the guardian that exposed the hacking scandal.

However, one of their journalists did listen to the voicemail of a corrupt arms dealer executive but I happen to think the circumstances warranted the investigation.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/media/2006...aymediasection
    Last edited by xandermac; 02-16-12 at 09:12 AM.
    vrs626 likes this.
    02-16-12 09:02 AM
    So it's the Guardians fault that English people ditched their BB for an iPhone? Just like it's CNN's fault in America that Americans are dumping their BBs?
    02-16-12 09:03 AM
    LMAO....guadian didnt put out the numbers. Gartner did, the same company that always reports it like comscore does.
    02-16-12 09:28 AM
    Even RIM's own announcement showed a reduction in marketshare in December, as did Kantar. So I think everyone is showing the same decay, with the difference that Gartner is showing the decay a little further along.

I'd be interested in seeing the figures for the rest of Europe.
    02-16-12 10:05 AM
    Well, I can tell you what I know about Denmark. BB sales are pretty much non existent. There is one national carrier that sells Blackberries, but I've never actually seen one out in the wild. Always wondered why, as I found it kinda odd...
    02-16-12 10:15 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD