• 1 Post By jonduran86
  • 2 Post By mr_zed10
  • 1 Post By bobauckland
  • 1 Post By RubberChicken76
  • 1 Post By LazyEvul
    CrackBerry Abuser

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Apple Media Bias

Just read an article that the "new iPhones" will have NFC. Yup, that's what the article was about...all of it. It's just annoying how things any company does that's NOT BlackBerry gets all hyped up, and while BlackBerry gets bashed for every progressive step it takes. BlackBerry really has something innovative and promising with Blackberry 10 yet the media goes out of its way to discredit it. Anyways big deal or not, just got me a lil irritated.

Here's the article:

Next Apple iPhone May Have NFC Technology: Report
    CrackBerry Abuser

Who's behind the curve now. Lol

Posted with BlackBerry Z10
    CrackBerry Abuser

Default Re: Apple Media Bias

Yes, bias is pretty easy to see here. Go back on her stories and try to find any relating to BB.... oh wait she did right two articles if you go back the first 7 pages...one Bb too little too late and......is Bb Spokeswoman Alicia Keys still using an iphone? She is very US centric in her articles and perhaps one could say her lack of BB stories are because BB is less relevant now but I would say very biased to Apple. And I will say she is a great example to woman as to the wrong way go be. Her articles are usually less than 500 words and full of generalizations and fluff. I can just hear the meeting before she was hired, "we need someone to appeal to woman, you know, light easy pieces. Nothing too technical, just nice pastry pieces...but low calorie...to attract those women readers."..Say how about the new intern we hired from the White house...she is blond attractive and......say no more!!!!!
    AbsoluteT23 likes this.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    213 Global Posts

I wouldn't quite call this bias, but what she does fail to say is that Apple is in fact behind the curve yet again. Over the years, the iPhone has always been among the last, not the first, to gain communication technologies like wifi, Bluetooth, 3G, 4G and now NFC.

Posted via CB10
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    984 Global Posts

Good for them, but they are once again playing catch-up.
    IPod Touch, IPhone4, IPhone4S, IPad2, 16GB Playbook, 32GB Playbook, Blackberry 9800 Torch, Blackberry Z10, BlackBerry Q10, Samsung Galaxy Note 8' Tablet
    Waterloo's Finest

Global Posts
    5,324 Global Posts

NFC is about to be invented
    Phones: Nokia 5110>Nokia 3360>Siemens C56>Moto RAZR>LG Chocolate>Pearl 8100>Bold 9000 >Pearl 9100 + Bold 9900 > iPhone 4S + Z10 + Bold 9000
    Tablets: 16GB Playbook > Playbook 32GB
    __________________________________________________ _________________________

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE SEXY GIRLS IN YOGA PANTS CHANNEL

C000288CC
    __________________________________________________ ___________________________
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    4,238 Global Posts
    PIN
    2B630F1E

NFC when it comes to Apple will be revolutionary and magical. Accept it.
    AbsoluteT23 likes this.
    CrackBerry Master

Had Apple jumped on NFC 2 years ago, I would of been able to make use of the NFC on my Bold 9900.

IF Apple now adopt NFC, companies will follow suit, and I MAY get the chance of using the NFC on my Z10.

I welcome this news
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    266 Global Posts

Apple Corp.... we dont Innovate, We Imitate!
    CrackBerry Addict

PIN
    24EFCF1E

Welcome to NFC Apple
    sydsam likes this.
    CrackBerry Addict

Default Apple Media Bias

They just can't accept the fact that Bb thought of it first. Lol
    Waterloo's Finest

Global Posts
    5,324 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mr_zed10 View Post
    Had Apple jumped on NFC 2 years ago, I would of been able to make use of the NFC on my Bold 9900.

IF Apple now adopt NFC, companies will follow suit, and I MAY get the chance of using the NFC on my Z10.

I welcome this news
    Who's going to follow suit. Everyone else has it already
    Phones: Nokia 5110>Nokia 3360>Siemens C56>Moto RAZR>LG Chocolate>Pearl 8100>Bold 9000 >Pearl 9100 + Bold 9900 > iPhone 4S + Z10 + Bold 9000

C000288CC
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    434 Global Posts

Default Re: Apple Media Bias

I think he means that a lot more companies and businesses will start using NFC because Apple has adopted it
    CrackBerry Abuser

Thread AuthorThread Author   #14  

Quote Originally Posted by YorkieRay View Post
    I wouldn't quite call this bias, but what she does fail to say is that Apple is in fact behind the curve yet again. Over the years, the iPhone has always been among the last, not the first, to gain communication technologies like wifi, Bluetooth, 3G, 4G and now NFC.

Posted via CB10
    Yet they're given credit they dont deserve. Take a look at some any of their failings(Not getting into details but things like the heating issue[iphone4], screen leakage, battery problem, maps,etc) they get lightly brushed aside by the media, turning a blind eye. While BB gets jumped for anything and everything(Many of the things being false rumors).
    CrackBerry Master

Quote Originally Posted by Bold_until_Hybrid_Comes View Post
    Who's going to follow suit. Everyone else has it already
    Quote Originally Posted by raysgrumpy View Post
    I think he means that a lot more companies and businesses will start using NFC because Apple has adopted it
    Yep, everyone has NFC but when was the last time you or anyone actually used NFC?
    Apple gets attention, and IF they are using NFC, then businesses will follow suit.
    Waterloo's Finest

Global Posts
    5,324 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mr_zed10 View Post
    Yep, everyone has NFC but when was the last time you or anyone actually used NFC?
    Apple gets attention, and IF they are using NFC, then businesses will follow suit.
    Yesterday. Transferring videos between two phones. There are more uses then just payment.

C000288CC
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,217 Global Posts

Yesterday. Transferring videos between two phones. There are more uses then just payment.
    Actually if you used a BlackBerry then you used Bluetooth to transfer your videos and it must have taken ages.
    NFC is only used to initiate a Bluetooth file transfer for BlackBerries.
    At least Samsung allows you to actually transfer the full file via NFC alone.
    NFC on every Berry I've owned has been pretty pointless.

It will take Apple using it for it to become useful and mainstream.
    Even Samsung hasn't managed to make it popular.
    Thanked by:
    mr_zed10 (03-12-2013) 
    m1a1mg likes this.
    CrackBerry Master

Well to add weight to my point and as mentioned above, NFC is not mainstream and your fellow Blackberry Brothers (vast majority) of them do not use it:

So...Do you use NFC?

So here's to Apple who will potentially make it mainstream
    Cause Blackberry & Samsung sure as heck couldn't
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    4,026 Global Posts

This reminds me of the drubbing they took for not having LTE either.

Other fanboy: Nya Nya Apple - you don't have LTE! Welcome to 2011 ... bwahahahahaha".

Apple fanboy: You live in an area where there isn't LTE service. How exactly are you benefiting from it?

Other fanboy: <crickets chirp>
    ------------------------------------
    I like how BlackBerry 10 is evolving, but when are they going to fix BlackBerry Link for Mac?

The fact that it doesn't reliably do what it's supposed to do ... most of the time ... is utterly appalling. The only consistency is the "Music not copied to Z10 message"
    bobauckland likes this.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    1,781 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bobauckland View Post
    Actually if you used a BlackBerry then you used Bluetooth to transfer your videos and it must have taken ages.
    NFC is only used to initiate a Bluetooth file transfer for BlackBerries.
    At least Samsung allows you to actually transfer the full file via NFC alone.
    NFC on every Berry I've owned has been pretty pointless.

It will take Apple using it for it to become useful and mainstream.
    Even Samsung hasn't managed to make it popular.
    Actually Samsung uses Wi-Fi Direct for large file transfers, with NFC serving as a method of pairing - NFC can only send information in tiny packets, so it's only used for small transfers (URL's, contact cards). BlackBerry opted to use Bluetooth for larger transfers instead. Maybe Wi-Fi Direct is faster, but I haven't got any experience with that so I can't comment on it.
    Z30 (10.2.1.2947) | PlayBook 32GB (2.1.0.1753) | Lumia 1020 (WP8.1 Dev Preview, Lumia Black) | Nexus 4 (Android 4.4.2)
    Thanked by:
    Bold_until_Hybrid_Comes (03-12-2013) 
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,217 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by LazyEvul View Post
    Actually Samsung uses Wi-Fi Direct for large file transfers, with NFC serving as a method of pairing - NFC can only send information in tiny packets, so it's only used for small transfers (URL's, contact cards). BlackBerry opted to use Bluetooth for larger transfers instead. Maybe Wi-Fi Direct is faster, but I haven't got any experience with that so I can't comment on it.
    You may well be right, but I've seen videos sent Samsung to Samsung using their NFC pairing and it goes through really really fast.
    Conversely, I used to send pictures using BlackBerry NFC from myself to my wife when we both had 9900s and even pictures were excruciatingly slow over Bluetooth.
    CrackBerry Master

Quote Originally Posted by bobauckland View Post
    You may well be right, but I've seen videos sent Samsung to Samsung using their NFC pairing and it goes through really really fast.
    Conversely, I used to send pictures using BlackBerry NFC from myself to my wife when we both had 9900s and even pictures were excruciatingly slow over Bluetooth.
    Might be to do with the older BB's having Bluetooth 2.1
    The Z10 now has Bluetooth 4.0
    Samsung S3 Bluetooth 4.0 (and transfer over wifi according to dude above)

So besides pairing, which in fact is easier from the Bluetooth options (select desired device, option, pair) as oppose to physically tapping the handsets awkwardly lol, NFC has yet to be fully adopted for actual useful things by the mainstream.