Gee wish I could afford to buy an android. Working in getting an htc definitely . I've used ios foe 3 years before moving on and it would take a lot for me to go back and buy another one. I'll probably settle for an ipod. What I want to use is a windows phone but I might be thinning my financial hopes too much

Posted via CB10
    I have a z10 and use the iPod 5 for music and entertainment and for any app I can't get on my z. I don't have many apps to begin with but seems like most of the ones I do use are not on bbw. And I don't like using snap too much.

Posted via CB10 with my z10!!
    06-04-14 11:01 AM
    Gee wish I could afford to buy an android. Working in getting an htc definitely . I've used ios foe 3 years before moving on and it would take a lot for me to go back and buy another one. I'll probably settle for an ipod. What I want to use is a windows phone but I might be thinning my financial hopes too much

Posted via CB10
    Android is ok, I like to tinker around with it and really have the HTC mostly to play around with. Over time I'm not as fond of the M8 as I was in the beginning. It's built beautifully but the build of the phone is super slippery to hold. I use the iPhone to workout with and mostly carry it on weekends and for photos.
    06-04-14 11:28 AM
    What i can't understand is that, I don't visit iMore at all, because i don't care for Apple. But why do Apple fans care so much for BlackBerry to the extent that, they feel the need to come and troll here.

Posted via CB10 using my Gorgeous Z30
    Is it hard for you to believe people use more than one platform?

Posted with my Q
    06-04-14 12:26 PM
    Spit out that apple juice please.

Posted via CB10
    Excuse me?

I'm sorry, should I be drowning in BlackBerry Kool-Aid instead?

This was a developer event and they were happy. That is the truth, no Apple juice involved. This was not a consumer event. Expect more features to be shown with new hardware.
    06-04-14 02:15 PM
    The funny thing is that these guys have only had quick reply since 10.2 so what is that three months? All of a sudden they're claiming ownership. �\_(ツ)_/�

Twitter: xandermac
    06-04-14 02:16 PM
    Gee wish I could afford to buy an android.
    Posted via CB10
    Hey, I know you specifically mentioned HTC, but have you considered the Moto G?

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/verizon-wireless-prepaid-motorola-moto-g-no-contract-cell-phone-black/3041063.p?ref=195&loc=82f46457a49e42c896ff8bc1764f 9d41&id=1219086346405&skuId=3041063&st=moto+g&cp=1 &lp=1

BestBuy has the Verizon Wireless version of the Moto G on sale for only $49 without a contract. It is the 8GB version and it is locked to Verizon like all Verizon phones are, but for that price, it's pretty awesome. I just bought two of them for the youngsters this week while they were on sale. Grand total was $107 out the door.

My other two kids already have the GSM version of the Moto G, so we now have four of them in the house and it really is a fantastic little device. Not high-end like a One is, but if you're only wanting a Android to mess around with on WiFi, it really is a good deal.

BestBuy's sale ends this week though.
    06-04-14 04:42 PM
    I really did not see much innovation in the new IOS 8 platform, which was presented at the WWDC 2014.

The highly touted new features were for the most part copied from BlackBerry 10, Android and Windows 8 platforms.

Some of the new iMessage enhancements were a rip off from WhatsApp messenger.

Apple doing exactly what they accused Samsung of doing (copying) in the lawsuits that they filed.

It was an embarrassment to see the CNN commentators literally falling over themselves calling it a revolutionary new innovation from Apple.

Posted via CB10 from my spectacular Z10
    But... it was apple!

Posted via CB10
    06-04-14 08:09 PM
    20 May 2008, BiteSMS released on the iPhone.... biteSMS

One of many jailbreak enhancements that Apple copied because they work.

Lockinfo
    IntelliscreenX
    BiteSMS
    Messages+

BB didn't "invent" anything... Independent developers came up with all of this while BB was back in the StormAges..... Apple stole from those small developers... BB are still playing catchup. Catchup on Apps, Ecosystem & marketshare...

Apple using reply in place is the least of BB concerns.
    I saw biteSMS and Lock info and jail broke my iPhone 4 right away... it took apple years to add those features themselves. I'm sorry, but if blackberry did that people would be complaining all day, it would be in the news. But with apple I have fb statuses saying 'another great addition to iOS'. Yes, it is... but you can't be innovative and take forever at the same time.

Posted via CB10
    06-04-14 08:12 PM
    Hey, I know you specifically mentioned HTC, but have you considered the Moto G?

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/verizon-wireless-prepaid-motorola-moto-g-no-contract-cell-phone-black/3041063.p?ref=195&loc=82f46457a49e42c896ff8bc1764f 9d41&id=1219086346405&skuId=3041063&st=moto+g&cp=1 &lp=1

BestBuy has the Verizon Wireless version of the Moto G on sale for only $49 without a contract. It is the 8GB version and it is locked to Verizon like all Verizon phones are, but for that price, it's pretty awesome. I just bought two of them for the youngsters this week while they were on sale. Grand total was $107 out the door.

My other two kids already have the GSM version of the Moto G, so we now have four of them in the house and it really is a fantastic little device. Not high-end like a One is, but if you're only wanting a Android to mess around with on WiFi, it really is a good deal.

BestBuy's sale ends this week though.
    I think I'll just get an unlocked motoG then. it's useless to me unless it is unlocked

Posted via CB10
    06-04-14 10:46 PM
    Well, this kinda backfired on the op. Lol.

And who cares who did it first? Apple is never first with new functionality, larger screens, etc. Most of these companies are trying to put everything they can think of in their device and os to claim they did it first, when in reality they are only making themselves look stupid by giving the general public a half bake feature. I respect Apple for waiting on adding features. They take their time and make it right on the first try. Look at all these smart watches that look horrible and function horribly because they wanted to get ahead of Apple. Now, all Apple has to do is monitor their progress and know what consumers want in a smart watch. All these companies are Apple's guinea pig.
    06-05-14 12:43 AM
    Blackberry do take years, took them from 2007-2013 to even try and compete with the iPhone/Android and still this day users of BB are loading leaked OS's and hacked Android features into their phones.... So how exactly is blackberry fast? And the fact that they're now dependent on Android to try and sell devices doesn't exactly work in their favor. Especially when Google won't support the platform and hold back Google services... How long until that's resolved?...

I saw biteSMS and Lock info and jail broke my iPhone 4 right away... it took apple years to add those features themselves. I'm sorry, but if blackberry did that people would be complaining all day, it would be in the news. But with apple I have fb statuses saying 'another great addition to iOS'. Yes, it is... but you can't be innovative and take forever at the same time.

Posted via CB10
    06-05-14 01:02 PM
    Don't boast about copying and make it seem like its the best thing since sliced bread. It makes the users look like fools when they come to boast with their shiny OS update just to have the bubble deflated that other platforms have have those features for a while.
    LOL. When you are in the business of selling expensive hardware, you absolutely should boast about it and make it seem like the bet thing since sliced bread (or so says the most valuable tech company in the world). If you are a user of the hardware it's best not to boast about your shiny OS because you are setting yourself up to look foolish (or so says the guy who boasts about his smartphone OS for some reason).
    06-05-14 01:44 PM
    Its not that. Don't boast about copying and make it seem like its the best thing since sliced bread. It makes the users look like fools when they come to boast with their shiny OS update just to have the bubble deflated that other platforms have have those features for a while.
    I suppose the big difference is that Apple's implementation of quick reply is full-featured

06-05-14 01:47 PM
    I suppose the big difference is that Apple's implementation of quick reply is full-featured

Soooo.....what you're saying is BlackBerry's is not? Please explain.
    06-05-14 02:59 PM
    Soooo.....what you're saying is BlackBerry's is not? Please explain.
    Does blackberry implementation of quick reply work with all apps? Email? FB etc.....

I think it works with blackberry apps only. No FB, twitter, 3rd party messenger etc support? But it's only 2 or 3 months old on the blackberry. Takes time for developers to update their apps I guess.

Last edited by xandermac; 06-05-14 at 05:05 PM. Reason: edit
    06-05-14 04:59 PM
    Does blackberry implementation of quick reply work with all apps? Email? FB etc.....

Aaah. I see. I don't use FB, twitter, etc. so I'll have to ask my wife that one. I know people on here have been saying it doesn?t do email, but it does it as well as I need. The email pops up and if I want to respond I click it and it takes me directly into the email to type my response.
    06-05-14 05:09 PM
    Apple fans don't care which company invented some feature. All they care about is that their favorite devices are getting better and more features through a future software upgrade. Blackberry would kill to have such a loyal following.

I don't remember Apple claiming they invented any feature during the keynote. What they did do is show how adding a new iOS feature will make their customers devices better (whether this new feature is available on another platform or not).
    06-05-14 05:21 PM

Posted via CB10
    Dude it took Blackberry a year to get lockscreen notifications.
    06-05-14 07:06 PM
    Dude it took Blackberry a year to get lockscreen notifications.
    Took them 5 years (after the iPhone) to get a modern touchscreen device on the market. Speedy little buggers.

Last edited by xandermac; 06-05-14 at 07:07 PM. Reason: e
    06-05-14 07:07 PM
169 ... 567