So can someone please verify that BlackBerry is still the most secure smartphone......because when I watching the news today,they reported that the new ios 8 has a very encrypted security level ,so police will not have access to your data,so is this true??

Posted via CB10
    09-25-14 04:44 PM
    R u mad? Hahaha lol

Posted via CB10
    09-25-14 04:44 PM
    I'm serious that's what they said,so I dunno there's a lot of people I guess out there that don't give a crap oh well

Posted via CB10
    09-25-14 04:48 PM
    So can someone please verify that BlackBerry is still the most secure smartphone......because when I watching the news today,they reported that the new ios 8 has a very encrypted security level ,so police will not have access to your data,so is this true??

Posted via CB10
    Have you been in a cave lately? Looks like at this day and age, iOS is the least secure phone you can buy... Hundres of iphones hacked, Finger Print scanner hacked, and bending phones (althought that one doesn't threat security)

Blackberry had none of those, and bought Secusmart.
    AndreyLepher, vvvhhh8 and rt2567 like this.
    09-25-14 04:51 PM
    i had trouble to post this link but yes its true.
    i cant post a link so i copy this,

FBI Concerned With New Default Encryption Settings in iOS and Android Devices

The FBI has been in talks with Apple and Google about the way the technology companies are marketing the privacy features in their smartphones, according to FBI Director James Comey (via The Huffington Post). Comey says that he is concerned that the two companies are "marketing something expressly to allow people to place themselves above the law."

Comey's remarks come following both privacy changes introduced with iOS 8 and a new privacy site that Apple introduced last week, explaining that the company has altered the way encryption works in iOS 8. Apple no longer stores the encryption keys for devices in iOS 8, making it impossible for it to unlock content on devices under police request.

userprivacy
    "Unlike our competitors, Apple cannot bypass your passcode and therefore cannot access your data," reads its new privacy site. "So it's not technically feasible for us to respond to government warrants for the extraction of this data from devices in their possession running iOS 8."

Shortly after Apple announced the encryption changes to iOS 8, Google announced that the next generation of Android, set to be released next month, will also encrypt data by default, providing the same encryption protections to its smartphones that a passcode provides to iPhones.

According to Comey, though he understands the need for privacy, he believes government access to electronic devices is necessary in some cases.
    "I like and believe very much that we should have to obtain a warrant from an independent judge to be able to take the content of anyone's closet or their smart phone," he said. "The notion that someone would market a closet that could never be opened -- even if it involves a case involving a child kidnapper and a court order -- to me does not make any sense."
    He goes on to say that one day, it may matter "a great, great deal" that the government be able to infiltrate "a kidnapper's or a terrorist or a criminal's device." His goal, he says, is to have a "good conversation" in the country "before that day comes."

The exact nature of the talks between FBI officials and Apple and Google remains unknown, with Comey only stating that the discussion has been over the "marketing of their devices."
    09-25-14 05:03 PM
    Well if your watching citynews they will announce it shortly so if you live in Toronto watch it

Posted via CB10
    09-25-14 05:14 PM
    The security advantage of a standard Blackberry device is long gone now as both iOS and Android are encrypted and have numerous more security features. The really secure Blackberry devices that governments and top level CEOs use cost around 3000 euro and have very advanced security chips that encrypt everything stored on the phone and phonecalls/sms.
    09-25-14 05:14 PM
    no ways cant be like that it can be iphone or blackberry it can be tracked......
    so dont try to cheat anybody........
    09-25-14 05:22 PM
    Apple and security? Lmao let me ask jennifer lawrence that question

Posted via CB10
    09-25-14 05:35 PM
    Did the said news also tell you in-app browsers can key log you?

Police, sure. But any platform can be hacked into with sophisticated forensic tools from the government. One thing for sure though is, using a BlackBerry, your private photos won't leak out like iCloud did.

Posted via CB10
    09-25-14 05:35 PM
    You ever hear of BlackBerry not being secure?

Jennifer Lawrence leaks, target hack, home Depot hack, iPhone back door, android malware on apps, Obama not being able to use the iPhone, black phone root, android privacy disaster bug. The list goes on.

Funny thing is, it's never security when it comes to BlackBerry. Ya, BlackBerry's market share is low, they don't have as much cash as Google, we get that. But it's never security.

Posted via CB10
    09-25-14 06:49 PM
    Qwerty4ever was mentioning something about the device password being extractable from BB10 phones, even without a BlackBerry Link backup file.

I'd like to know more about it.

(I think his comment is in the Selfridges article...)

? BlackBerry? I premdict the future's gonna be chenomenal! ?
    09-25-14 06:57 PM
    iOS 8.0.1 killed cellular signal and disabled Touch ID on the iPhone 6. Therefore an intruder would not be able to break into the phone and even if they did would not be able to do anything with it. Of course neither can the owner but still, safest phone on the planet

Twitter: xandermac
    anon(4067838) and vvvhhh8 like this.
    09-25-14 09:43 PM
    iOS 8.0.1 killed cellular signal and disabled Touch ID on the iPhone 6. Therefore an intruder would not be able to break into the phone and even if they did would not be able to do anything with it. Of course neither can the owner but still, safest phone on the planet

Twitter: xandermac
    IOS 8.0.2 is already released.
    09-25-14 11:48 PM
    Did the said news also tell you in-app browsers can key log you?

Police, sure. But any platform can be hacked into with sophisticated forensic tools from the government. One thing for sure though is, using a BlackBerry, your private photos won't leak out like iCloud did.

Posted via CB10
    Unless you're Kim Kardashian
    Playbook007 and spikesolie like this.
    09-26-14 06:51 AM
    Have you been in a cave lately? Looks like at this day and age, iOS is the least secure phone you can buy... Hundres of iphones hacked, Finger Print scanner hacked, and bending phones (althought that one doesn't threat security)

Blackberry had none of those, and bought Secusmart.
    It does if it breaks and a shard of glass breaches your ***!

Posted via CB10
    09-26-14 07:24 AM
    Who the heck is that?

Posted via CB10
    09-26-14 02:00 PM
    Self leaking doesn't count (;

Posted from zee flicking coolest smartphone evah!
    09-27-14 12:27 AM
    Shellshock is another threat too for Linux and the Mac. Media is really keeping this quiet. We have Linux running on one of our personal laptops. Hope we can find a patch. So tired of all of these security threats lately. We have Androids as well as BlackBerrys in our home.

During Heartbleed, I think the BlackBerry 10s were not affected whilst the other platforms were.

Just do a web search and OP will find enough threads about security. There was even an article awhile ago that broke each platform down, talked about third party apps and how they were vetted, for OP to make an informed decision.

Posted via Q10 with 1154
    vvvhhh8 likes this.
    09-27-14 08:38 AM
    You ever hear of BlackBerry not being secure?

Jennifer Lawrence leaks, target hack, home Depot hack, iPhone back door, android malware on apps, Obama not being able to use the iPhone, black phone root, android privacy disaster bug. The list goes on.

Funny thing is, it's never security when it comes to BlackBerry. Ya, BlackBerry's market share is low, they don't have as much cash as Google, we get that. But it's never security.

Posted via CB10
    What do you mean? The Snowden leaks that told us about nsa phone hacking specifically noted the issue. All phones where hacked, even BlackBerry. The only difference was how long, it took years before they could with BlackBerry 7 compared to other OS. We can only assume that it's much better now, and I think nsa would still need years before they can crack bb10.

Still no security is absolute. Even with ios 8 and android encrypting their phones automatically, I still feel they can be broken. There has always been invulnerabilities here and there within their os, even with encryption.

CB10 on the Q10
    09-27-14 12:31 PM
    She took the pic with a BlackBerry, long ago... is she still using a BlackBerry and was the pic hacked from a BlackBerry?

Z30 144GB
    09-27-14 04:48 PM
    Shellshock is another threat too for Linux and the Mac. Media is really keeping this quiet. We have Linux running on one of our personal laptops. Hope we can find a patch. So tired of all of these security threats lately. We have Androids as well as BlackBerrys in our home.

During Heartbleed, I think the BlackBerry 10s were not affected whilst the other platforms were.

Just do a web search and OP will find enough threads about security. There was even an article awhile ago that broke each platform down, talked about third party apps and how they were vetted, for OP to make an informed decision.

Posted via Q10 with 1154
    Just did the Shellshock vulnerability test on one of the BB10 commandline tools and it's apparently

NEGATIVE! Woohoo... :-)))

"bash" command not found. I don't think they'd be using B.A.S.H. on top of QNX anyway...

vvvhhh8 likes this.
    09-27-14 06:36 PM
    Just did the Shellshock vulnerability test on one of the BB10 commandline tools and it's apparently

NEGATIVE! Woohoo... :-)))

"bash" command not found. I don't think they'd be using B.A.S.H. on top of QNX anyway...

I just wish we don't have to worry about things like this, u know. Argh!!

Posted via Q10 with 1154
    09-28-14 12:21 AM
    IOS 8.0.2 is already released.
    Yeah, and still a flop! LOL
    09-28-14 02:28 AM
    Security on any device is only as good as the person using it. Those that don't have a password lock on their phone... (but then we all know better than to blame victims of crime now don't we?)

Most vulnerabilities exist outside the phone anyway, data captured in transit (NSA), backups stored externally (cloud), 'social engineering' to break your email account. These are harder to protect against and aren't free (running your own email server).

But rest assured, against your 'common' bedroom hacker (sans supercomputer) an encrypted BlackBerry has never been rooted, jailbroken, decrypted or in any way violated. That's why BlackBerry still the only phone manufacturer with US Department of Defence (I forget the correct acronym starting with 'F') security classification.

Hope this helped (and please excuse all the parentheses)

Give me a keyboard, a 5 star rated Browser and a fulcrum point and I could move the world.
    09-28-14 03:49 AM
31 12