Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree8Likes
  • 1 Post By kbz1960
  • 3 Post By screechop
  • 4 Post By mark37724
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default An Apple fanboi journalist is saying the BB10 release tomorrow is already a failure!

Why RIM needs to play Apple’s game to win with BB10 | canada.com

The author states: "But a year of delays and poorly-received product launches forced RIM’s hand way too early in the game, denying them that “one more thing” moment at Wednesday’s event."

I think its comical. He is critiquing an event that hasn't even happened!

Here are some other comical quotes:

"RIM is playing in Apple’s court now. But they forgot to learn the new rules of the game."

"If CEO Thorstein Heins doesn’t have a “one more thing” moment on Wednesday, BlackBerry could very well be dead in the water by that evening."
    Doesn't Matter

Global Posts
    68,510 Global Posts

In the ieyes of the beholder.
    Sent from me using my fingers. Be pantless in 5K. Febreze - for more than smells.
    the 50K CrackBerry challenge
    Posted from my phone or pc or tablet that are no better than anyone else's
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    520 Global Posts

Someday maybe we will see that often talked about but rarely seen journalistic integrity
    CrackBerry Abuser

I am too excited about the BB10 phones to care too much what this guy thinks, but I have a couple of thoughts.

I think this "journalist" is ignoring what we all really want, which is great products. Nowhere in the article does he mention that the BB10 phones don't look, to borrow a term with which me might be familiar, insanely great. He is merely saying that in the realm of marketing, RIM may have played its hand a little too early. I disagree. Heins had to allay the fears of investors and give the BB faithful a reason to wait for the new phones. For my part, I would probably have bought a Samsung Galaxy 3 if I weren't so impressed by the Dev. Apha.

He does bring up fair points though. RIM failed with the initial launch of the PlayBook and released some pretty mediocre phones (I hated the Pearl and the Storm). That doesn't mean that the BB10 line of phones won't be amazing.
    CrackBerry User

Default An Apple fanboi journalist is saying the BB10 release tomorrow is already a failure!

i read this article earlier, it's actually pretty good. he doesnt talk about the launch as if its already happened. he speaks mostly facts, and some strong opinions. you can tell hes a iphone supporter. just like you can read any article on crackberry and know theyre a blackberry supporter.

Rim does need that one more thing moment. i kind of feel like we know all that is coming but still hoping for that "one more thing". which apple has really perfected. they really know how to sell their devices.

all that he states is that he doesnt believe that after a year of delays, that what they have to show, will be enough. and thats his opinion, he's free to have it.

don't take a persons article out of context to try and start controversy.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,530 Global Posts
    PIN
    mic check one two, testing, check check

Seemed to be a "mostly" fair until the last too lines. Maybe even just the last line.

We are excited, but RIM and Thor still have a bit of work ahead of them.
    Last edited by SixStringMadness; 01-29-2013 at 07:54 PM.
    Personal - VZW BlackBerry Z10 - 10.2.1.537
    Work -VZW iPhone 5 - 7.0.4 - MobileIron
    Playbook - 32G

CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    3,548 Global Posts

Look at it this way. If BB10 is a major success...he will have to eat hits words.
    MePiikan...You shall not be forgotten.

CrackBerry BadBoy

Community Rules & Guidelines
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,501 Global Posts

Default Re: An Apple fanboi journalist is saying the BB10 release tomorrow is already a failure!

where can I buy cristal ball as he already knows the future

Sent from Blackberry Playbook using TapaTalk 2
    CrackBerry Master

Default Re: An Apple fanboi journalist is saying the BB10 release tomorrow is already a failure!

Quote Originally Posted by 3hb78ftg View Post
    Look at it this way. If BB10 is a major success...he will have to eat hits words.
    Right. Let it play out. That's what I'm doing.
    Not a hippy, but I do appreciate peace, love, and happiness.
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #10  

Quote Originally Posted by screechop View Post
    i read this article earlier, it's actually pretty good. he doesnt talk about the launch as if its already happened. he speaks mostly facts, and some strong opinions. you can tell hes a iphone supporter. just like you can read any article on crackberry and know theyre a blackberry supporter.

Rim does need that one more thing moment. i kind of feel like we know all that is coming but still hoping for that "one more thing". which apple has really perfected. they really know how to sell their devices.

all that he states is that he doesnt believe that after a year of delays, that what they have to show, will be enough. and thats his opinion, he's free to have it.

I'm not taking his article out of context to start a controversy, and I don't feel that the quotes I used were taken out of context. The quotes accurately portray what I took as the main focus of his article when I read it, namely that RIM can't pull it off tomorrow.

And I don't disagree that RIM could do with a "one more thing moment" tomorrow, but to state that they can't have it shows his lack of research and bias. RIM has been saying for a while that there will be surprises tomorrow. How about waiting to see what occurs before taking that position.

Bias from any journalist (whether to a particular product, company, person or whatever) is, in my opinion, unacceptable. This article I consider a good example of the prevalence for "shock"/click-through reporting from mainstream journalism today. If you are a blogger, then (somewhat) fair game; click-throughs are all you've got. But for a mainstream news source I still want journalists to report or editoralize and make smart and thoughtful comments, not to sensationalize to generate ad revenue. And if any journalist is given a prominent platform to put forward his/her opinions to the public, then that journalist has a responsibility to put forward both sides of the story or to provide details to support their opinons. What has this journalist provided to support his opinion that "Their [BlackBerry] brand is once again shockingly behind the rest of the industry"?

End of rant.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    1,777 Global Posts
    PIN
    333BCCA7

Quote Originally Posted by 3hb78ftg View Post
    Not exactly. He'll only have to eat his words if BB10 is a success AND there aren't any major surprises tomorrow that weren't given away four months ago.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    277 Global Posts

We have had so many negative RIM articles for so long, lately there have lots of positive ones. Are we really that self loathing that we should be focusing on these again? Start living in the positive.
    Thanked by 3:
    howarmat (01-29-2013),  ricocan (01-29-2013),  sirfly2fly (01-29-2013) 
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

Global Posts
    5,218 Global Posts

Apple fans got that "one more thing" what, like once a year after another micro-update?

I'm expecting "one more thing" to be a frequent occurrence on BB10, starting tomorrow.
    Battery Guru for BB10 tracks voltage, power, battery health. (Also on the PlayBook.) White Noise helps you sleep or concentrate.
    Follow us on Twitter or Facebook or visit Engenuity's mobile apps page.
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #14  

Quote Originally Posted by mark37724 View Post
    We have had so many negative RIM articles for so long, lately there have lots of positive ones. Are we really that self loathing that we should be focusing on these again? Start living in the positive.
    I was just shocked by it considering the amount of positive articles lately. I have absolutely no concerns that RIM is going anywhere but up.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,334 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by screechop View Post

+1.

As to the "one more thing"....sigh...OP should do a search for "surprises" here on CB. Then take up the issue with the numerous posters either wanting/expecting/believing-they-need (or will) have big suprises. This journalist didn't say anything other than what many members here have expressed. The fact that it has been a frequent topic here, among the most extreme enthusiasts indicates, it is indeed both an issue of interest, and perhaps, an important one.