Funny how devs are starting to copy TAT. Found this last night. Things like this have been done before. Two it looks very familiar. OK strait up looks like TAT. I have seen a few demos from TAT with this concept. RIM needs to get all the TAT concepts to market. I really think we will be seing something like this when BB10 launches. Well at least from one BB10 device to another.

Futuristic Drag and Drop Concept for Transferring Photos and Media)
    Last edited by littleez10; 05-07-12 at 08:36 AM.
    05-07-12 05:57 AM
    Funny how Apple thinks they are so original. Tim cook has the nerve to say no one else in the tech world invents their own stuff. Found this last night. One things like this have been done before. Two it looks very familiar. OK strait up looks like TAT. I have seen a few demos from TAT with this concept. But Apple will get all the credit and the label as futuristic and innovative.

And what does this have to do with RIM?

Please take your "Apple Cart" somewhere else.

Blackberrys only!

Tim
    joski likes this.
    05-07-12 06:20 AM
    This is some bubble-boy iOS developer that probably visits crackberry

A straight-up rip-off that will get the person sued
    05-07-12 06:30 AM

Blackberrys only!

Tim
    I think this is due to the fact, that apple is copying TAT. This has A lot to do with Blackberries... Stop flaming around with your 'against anything containing apple on principle'-attitude; it's annoying.
    05-07-12 06:38 AM
    Funny how Apple thinks they are so original. Tim cook has the nerve to say no one else in the tech world invents their own stuff. Found this last night. One things like this have been done before. Two it looks very familiar. OK strait up looks like TAT. I have seen a few demos from TAT with this concept. But Apple will get all the credit and the label as futuristic and innovative.

Actually, since the app in question is from a company called "Peta Pixel," and aince Apple doesn't own Peta Pixel, "credit" is not an issue.
    TGR1 likes this.
    05-07-12 06:51 AM
    Yeah that is true its not apple makeing this. I posted a little quick and should have noticed that. I just was blown away by how much this looks like TAT. I think a lot of devs are seeing how amazing the stuff from TAT is and are starting copy it. I know a lot of things get copyed in the tech world. RIM needs to get these things to market and fast.
    05-07-12 08:06 AM
    Ummm, this isn't Apple. It's a 3rd party showing it off.

Edit. Read the rest of the thread so now this point. Is a little redundant.
    05-07-12 08:10 AM

Blackberrys only!

Tim
    Tell it to the management and see what their response is.
    Calimero1987 likes this.
    05-07-12 08:13 AM
    Crazy idea here... maybe RIM should actually release some of these great products - then there'd be less impact if another company copying an idea.

Other companies are delivering, RIM just seems to talk and talk and talk.
    05-07-12 08:51 AM
    if you read the comments on that articile you will see that alot of this has been done before. the thing TAT was showing of was Multiple device sharing. there was already a discusion about stealing ideas. if someone comes up with a good idea people will copy it.
    05-07-12 09:10 AM
    This isnt a new concept even when tat demod it. WebOS and Apple have been doing this is different ways for awhile now and I am sure others before them. This does LOOK more like tat demos though i will agree.
    05-07-12 10:39 AM
    Android has had something like this for awhile.
    It's called Kies Air I believe. Wireless transfer of music and pictures and stuff like that.

I think all platforms should have something like that.
    05-07-12 10:48 AM
    Just because someone makes an app that runs on an apple product and tries to sell it doesn't mean apple themselves are stealing someone's ideal.

And while it may look similar, this concept has been around for a long while now.
    05-07-12 11:30 AM
    I think we will shortly reach ( or maybe have already) the point where most ideas for UI will have been thought of as basic concepts. Anything else that comes along is just going to be a variation.. Eventually everything looks familiar. Or maybe I'm just getting long in the tooth..
    nope ... ive been saying this for a while.

how many more advancements can really be made using physical phones?
    the only thing I see is some crazy hand/ear implant... other then that everything is pretty much covered
    05-07-12 12:41 PM
    nope ... ive been saying this for a while.

how many more advancements can really be made using physical phones?
    the only thing I see is some crazy hand/ear implant... other then that everything is pretty much covered
    I'm sorry but, what does this even mean?
    05-07-12 02:00 PM
    With iCloud, you don't need to hold your phone close to the tablet. The app, calendar event, contact or song or video is accessible from any Apple device anywhere.
    05-07-12 03:47 PM
    What burns me is they are clearly copying it, but will beat everyone else to the market and say how innovative they are. Then turn around and sue RIM or anyone else for using their product later down the road....

Really is unbelievable the crapple they get away with.

Sent from my HTC_Amaze_4G using Tapatalk 2
    05-07-12 03:55 PM
    What burns me is they are clearly copying it, but will beat everyone else to the market and say how innovative they are. Then turn around and sue RIM or anyone else for using their product later down the road....

Really is unbelievable the crapple they get away with.

This isn't Apple my friend. Just a dev with a concept using Apple products.
    05-07-12 04:04 PM
    Sorry, just a generalization hit me.

05-07-12 04:41 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD