I don't personally like to sideload.
    I like apps built for BlackBerry, so.... I've been trying to find out why YouMail refuses to code an app for BlackBerry.
    The BlackBerry community was one of the first communities to support them years ago when they were new.
    So I tweeted them because they say it's not necessary and I saw that Twitter has a BlackBerry app. I guess I thought reason would work.
    Here was their response to me:
    Apparently we are all Indonesian-youmails_feeling_about_blackberry.png
    03-04-15 07:23 PM
    BlackBerry makes Twitter app. Not that it'd help your case though haha

Posted via CB10
    03-04-15 08:01 PM
    Yes. Apparently BlackBerry remains strong in South Asian countries

Posted via CB10
    03-04-15 10:00 PM
    What they are saying is that in markets where BB is still relatively strong (such as Indonesia), few people use YouMail, and vice versa - in markets where there is a good percentage of YouMail usage, almost no one uses BB phones. Therefore, the return on investment (ROI) for building a BB10 app is too low for YouMail.
    03-05-15 12:31 AM
    What they are saying is that in markets where BB is still relatively strong (such as Indonesia), few people use YouMail, and vice versa - in markets where there is a good percentage of YouMail usage, almost no one uses BB phones. Therefore, the return on investment (ROI) for building a BB10 app is too low for YouMail.
    I know what they're saying, just don't get why they don't support a community who supported them when they were new.
    Think it's crappy loyalty. IMHO
    03-10-15 08:37 AM
    BlackBerry makes Twitter app. Not that it'd help your case though haha

Posted via CB10
    Pretty sure Twitter makes the BB10 app...not that it matters though lol

Posted via CB10
    03-10-15 09:25 AM
    I know what they're saying, just don't get why they don't support a community who supported them when they were new.
    Think it's crappy loyalty. IMHO
    Why support a platform and waste that investment when few people are going to use it. The at least provide a android version though in BlackBerry World

Posted via CB10
    03-10-15 09:27 AM
    Why support a platform and waste that investment when few people are going to use it. The at least provide a android version though in BlackBerry World

Posted via CB10
    Why own a corner store in a small town when you can make so much more money by owning one in a big city? I bet the two most popular answers would be,

1. I like living here.

2. I like being part of and servicing my community.

Sadly that sentiment doesn't translate to these people who make apps, likely because the community isn't "real" or because they only care about the money.

Posted via CB10
    03-10-15 09:49 AM
    Sadly that sentiment doesn't translate to these people who make apps, likely because the community isn't "real" or because they only care about the money.
    And when you say "only care about the money", you of course understand that tons of "Internet Companies" are run on shoe-string budgets and the owners/developers often struggle to keep the lights on and their families fed as they are trying to get their company going. I've personally known people who have illegally moved into their office space and slept on the floor in a back room because they couldn't afford their apartment and keep their company going. The sacrifices many entrepreneurs make is substantial, so, yes, many of them care a great deal about the money when they're sitting on a pile of late notices and wondering when they'll be able to afford a new tube for their bicycle (their primary means of transportation). Most Internet startups are not massively-funded and have Porsche-driving owners, and only a fairly small number ever eventually get close to that.
    DenverRalphy likes this.
    03-10-15 12:20 PM
    Why own a corner store in a small town when you can make so much more money by owning one in a big city? I bet the two most popular answers would be,

1. I like living here.

2. I like being part of and servicing my community.

Posted via CB10
    Lol unfortunately that's just not how most businesses run now days. I like BlackBerry just as much as many others but I completely understand why they don't develop for our platform. You go where the money is and there is absolutely nothing wrong with that

Posted via CB10
    03-10-15 01:10 PM
    AI've personally known people who have illegally moved into their office space and slept on the floor in a back room because they couldn't afford their apartment and keep their company going.
    I've pulled a string of "all nighters" at work before because my apartment was inconveniently inaccessible. Don't miss those days at all.
    Troy Tiscareno likes this.
    03-10-15 01:23 PM
    Why own a corner store in a small town when you can make so much more money by owning one in a big city?

Posted via CB10
    The way I see it is:

1. Don't burn your bridges
    2. Be loyal to those that helped you get started
    3. A dollar is better than no dollar and judging from the prices paid for the new Passport, I would think a BlackBerry user is more likely to buy their extra services and products if provided a good way to do so. That translates to more money for them (youmail).

I personally don't like sideloaded apps.
    03-10-15 02:17 PM